Hey I’ve had red blood in my stools since June this year

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am24 year old lad I Have had bad abdominal pain a few times It was so bad I had to sit in bed also since June I have had red blood in my stool I went to my doctors and they prescribed me some suppositorys sometimes the blood is on the toilet paper and sometimes mixed with the stool I went once and there was just blood in the bowl no stool I went back to the doctors in september and they referred me to a gastrologist which I am still waiting to see I have a consultation in December the doctors think its Hemorrhoids it has been going on a while I Feel really healthy I Have not lost weight do not feel tired my appetite is good I think I have actually put on weight

thanks for reading

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi kieran has your Gp asked you to do a stool sample to test it. your Gp should if sent you for a colonoscopy. when you have blood in stool its usually piles but your best getting checked out by getting a colonoscopy. How long have you been waiting for an appointment to see a gastro consultant

• Posted

no my GP Never did It will be 14 weeks when I go to the gastro consultant in December I was wondering can Hemorrhoids cause blood mixed with stool thanks

• Posted

it does say on line that blood ban be mixed in stool and can coat the stool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.