Hey there , first time here and I really need some help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have had anxiety,  GAD to be precise , for 6 months now and lately the mets seemed to have really helped me. But today all seem to be falling apart. I am 20 and I since the semester ended I came back home living with my parents and tonight they have to go out and I am scared to death to stay home by myself . Really there are moments where I am terrified. But at the same time I feel okay because even when I was younger I used to stay home alone for hours and have no problem about it . But since I have been diagnosed with GAD it's the first time I am left alone at home for such a long time . At college I had a roommate so I was okay. Please some help . What to do ? I am scared and I have this lump in my throat . 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marina,Anxiety is horrible,and we all suffer in so many different ways! Please believe me,I have been like this for many years.I am on beta blockers,and also take rescue remedy. Have you ever had reflexology? This is good for stress.or even aromatherapy. Go to a health food shop they will help you.listen to a calming CD.good luck.regards.Amanda
    • Posted

Thanks Amanda , I take beta blockers as well and a small dose of lorazepam . I would love to get through this in a more natural way because I always used to hate pills. Did you try reflexology? Did it work ?
  • Posted

Hi Marina, yes I swear by reflexology! It's wonderful. Give it a go but say for a month say every two weeks. And please visit your local health food shop,they will help you.regards Amanda
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice! I will try reflexology and def. next week I will be visiting a health food shop.
  • Posted

So...you are home alone. Lock the doors and have yourself a good time.
  • Posted

The best way to get over anxiety is to realize you create it. And you create your life. Just do things. Anxiety doesnt exist. Ask, what are you anxious about? When you come up with an honest answer youll realize...theres just a space in your brain for it. Shut it down. Its you, no one else. Its YOUR personality.
    • Posted

Thanks robell70 , you couldn't be more right about this. This should be my approach , it takes time though for a thought to become reality. I will just try my best.
  • Posted

Do things what you enjoy doing! Sometimes it takes time to overcome it! I have same issues in some area where I used to be not afraid. The more I do it in the same area the better I get and yes its all about what you are thinking that causes anxiety. Recently I stayed at a hotel for a night and I literally freaked out where I used to go places when I can before 2011 and I had to listen to music and do some things in the room and eventually I overcame it in few hours. 
    • Posted

It does take an effort to do things, things that used to come on naturally before. I really want to go back. Congrats on overcoming your anxieties so far. And thanks for the advice. Hope it gets better for all of us
    • Posted

Thanks! It does takes time and Im in the same boat as you that wants to go back to become normal again which we can and can happen. I never had to take prescription med and dont want to depend on them and I do believe it will be only temporary but who knows how long it will take. I still have a long way but little by little will get it back eventually! Im dealing with it myself now the one I got will take time due to demanding work during the summer. Apparently I get all kind of anxiety and lot of times I get it when its too late but sometimes I do catch it before it gets worse.
    • Posted

I know , and I think all we got to do is stay strong and keep on trying. Thanks again for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.