hey where are all my disc buddys????

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all anyone out there no postings put up.

i,ve had such a lousy, night fri was up all night i was in such pain with my arm/shoulder i was crying all night , i,ve really had enough now, the pain meds didnt touch me i ended up in the shower running the hot water then using my wheat bag, i didnt know what to do with myself, the pain has eased a little now but still on meds every four hours. gail

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hey gail :boing: i'm here!!!!!

:sorry: you had a bad night :hug: , not long now eh? :magic: i'm getting in practice..... i've had a sore throat!!! :nahnah: so i'm well prepared now!! lol,

talk soon,

:rose: mandy:rose:

• Posted

Hiya Gail,

I'm really sorry to hear the pain's been really bad..I hope it's eased a bit for you.

If you need to take the meds 4 hourly does it really matter at the mo if it's helping to ease the pain? ( As long as your taking them within prescribed limits that is) smile

When it's bad you need to do whatever it takes to ease it don't you?

Hopefully you'll have a date for your op soon tho'

In the meantime take care of yourself.

When I was in the \"waiting for my op date \" limbo I made a conscious decision that whilst the op date was out of my control I would take control of the aspects of my life that I could control, ie eating healthily, getting fresh air, having a good skincare routine and reading a trashy mag once a week. It didn't bring the op any closer but I felt better as I was looking after ME. :D

Take care,

Jules xx :D :D

• Posted

hi gail,

hi-jacking your thread!!! :ok:

hi crazydaisy (nice name by the way :magic: )

thats a good point about taking care of yourself while in waitng!! all i have done is make sure the house is in good shape! lol, didn't think of myself! :silly: i think when the op comes closer i'll stop worrying about the house and everything else, i have a cold/flu at the mo, i'm abit run down, but when i'm feeling better i'm gonna start pampering myself i think!! :ta:

hi gail, x

sorry you can have you thread back!! lol, talk soon :hug:

:rose:mandy:rose:

• Posted

I am just going to get as drunk as often as I can & hopefully when my liver needs replacing, the hospital will be able to do something about me neck whilst I am on the operating table!!!!! It's the only way I can think of that the [b:c001a72219]N[/b:c001a72219]o [b:c001a72219]H[/b:c001a72219]ope [b:c001a72219]S[/b:c001a72219]ervice will be able to do anything!!!!
  • Posted

hi all

totaly agree with the taking care of yourself, i do try(weather permitting) to walk about 2 miles a day, not a lot else i can do! the severe pain has subsided but im left with the burning pain(we all know about that one im sure)

hi mandy you can highjack my thread if you like we pain buddys!

hi darren i have for the moment gone off the booze, i find it does make the pain worse? maybe cos i cant take the pain meds if ive been drinking, and also i,ve sort of figured that maybe the booze actually irritates the nerves in my neck(dont know if thats right but a wild guess). but as jules says what ever works for you, i was at a point the other night i just wanted to curl up and die , but thank god that didnt last and it will teach me to take it a bit easier.

thanks all for your comments its good to have people that understand.gail

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Just a bit more about looking after myself...when I couldn't do much due to the pain I found myself doing things I wouldnt have had the time for before such as cloud gazing, watching the sunset..or the sunrise if I was up early due to the pain especially in the summer, watching the birds in the trees, even watching the worms, slugs snails in the garden. As life was at a slower pace I just took the time to do this as I had nothing but time on my hands. It's opened up a new hobby for me...photography. I'm getting to know mt camera really well and learning some new skills and enjoying something. So if this hadn't happened to my back I probably wouldn't have had the time to develop this appreciation. ( I know...I always manage to put a positive spin on things...maybe I should go into politics..lol) :D :D

Take care,

Jules xx :D :D

• Posted

hi jules

yeh know what you mean about finding other things i find myself watching the birds in the garden a lot, so my hubbys bought me 2 bird tables for xmas, thing is i find myself acting like my clients now and wondering what they do to occupy themselves.

and yeh think its really good to have a positive outlook, life could be a lot worse, (seen it with my job as you would have done).

the site be thinking we lost the plot today eh, lol gail

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.