HFMD for 3 and half weeks...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey Guys,

I'm a 30 yo male and I've been diagnosed with HFMD twice now as I panicked and ran to urgent care. I was prescribed prednisone for 5 days the first week and then they gave me a steroid cream...I have a terrible rash all over me. I believe it is red and fading, but I cannot tell completely. I've been putting cortisone on it. My 

My question is...can anyone give me relief that this is normal? I kee reading 7 days of 2 weeks. I'm still covered in these spots. I'm my throat still hurts and I'm concerned I will have permanent scar damage all over my skin. Also, should I keep applying cortisone or just let it alone? Please let me know. I'm embarrassing by how gross my arms and hands and feet look. I just need some one to tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks guys. This thread has made me feel better😞

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also I apologize for all the typos. I didn't spellcheck...lol

• Posted

How did you heal up?? I caught it from my son and have it all over my body. I feel like. it’s never gonna go away! Day 12

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.