Hgv medical (uk)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi people I’m looking for some advice really. I suffer with anxiety/depression and it is well under control and my current gp is aware of all my symptoms and has no issue with me driving a hgv. Now my hgv medical is in a few years but I have this worry...if I end up having my medical with a different gp can he/she decide that they are not happy with me driving a hgv even though my current gp has stated to me she has no concerns. I’m so worried that my career could end in a few years just because of a different gp’s opinion. Any advice will be hugely appreciated. Thankyou I’m advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul,

Your medical in 3 years time will be based on facts from the GP that does the medical at the time. What the other GP thought at the time will have no relevance to the GP that does it in 3 years time.

3 years is quite some time away and yes i know time really does fly but 3 years is still a long time. I think you should relax and think about it when the time is much closer.biggrin

• Posted

Hello Paul,  Denise is right, three years is a long time. In three years time you could be free of anxiety/depression.  Worrying until the next medical is only going to cause you much stress.  Enjoy driving the HGV, which you will probably be driving for many more years.  smile
  • Posted

Hello Paul...i presume you are aware you do not need to go to your own GP to do an HGV medical.Infact it costs a lot more if you do.There are HGV medical centres all over the UK and generally charge around £40/£50 .Hope im not stating the obviouse  here Paul lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.