Hh

Posted , 5 users are following.

Genetic testing shows a Hh (big H little h) result and the doctor says I am a therefore a 'carrier'. I have to be 'bled' at intervals, to reduce my ferritin levels.

Anyone have any info or advice for Hh people ?

Should my adult children be genetically tested?

I add this Hh tag to having Hashimoto's (low thyroid), Gilbert's Syndrome (high bilirubin) Diverticuloisis, IBS  and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (which I'm coming through) - but not sure what of my tiredness and digestion problems to attribute to what!!! I sure would like some "how-to-get-the-best-daily-energy" insights and advice! Thanks.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi again Sheryl,

I have found out - re ferritin levels mystery - we need to ask our doctor at the time to specify on the blood test request that the reference range for a post-menopausal woman be the one used for this test. (My GP daughter told me this.)

Happy first day of Spring!

Yours,

Brenda

Brenda

• Posted

I have been venesecting for years and not had to do this before.  It was a different pathology co - I guess they could tell by my age!  My haemotologist will be amused when I tell him this.
  • Posted

Hey Brenda, congratulations - that means you do not have iron overload! smile

And being a HH carrier only, you do not have the risk of the gene causing iron overload.  Other factors like fatty liver etc may cause it in the future, so just take care with that.  

I checked out citrus pectin (the recommended one) at my fave health store, and they were concerned as I was that it could plug up the works!  So, I think I will research that rather more before I try it.

• Posted

How are you girls feeling now?  Have you found out anything else new?  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.