Hi!

Posted , 3 users are following.

2 week back I suffered from pharyngitis that caused my lymph node enlargement on the left side of the neck after medication it had decrease but later I developed bronchitis, the size of lymph node is decreased , but I can still palpate it, 

And I have severe urge to touch it again. Will it be the same size or reduce?  please reply!! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The size could be either..  Sometimes lymph nodes will go back down to their original size and sometimes they will stay enlarged and never go back down..  Both are normal and nothing to worry about.
  • Posted

Stop touching! Touching it will make it bigger and not let it go down. You need to leave it alone for a week or more. It will go down but not if you mess with it. Lymph nodes can stay swollen a little while. At least you know the reason it is swollen. 

I got paranoid and started messing with the ones in my neck. I couldn’t feel any at first then from all the poking I can feel atleast 5 from them getting irritated and poking out. They are going down now since I quit touching them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.