Hi

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi can anyone tell me if it's ok to have mayonaise and salad cream n things on orlistat I feel like I don't know what to eat so don't n end up starving ?? :D

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi sarah, personally id steer clear of mayo altogether and have light salad cream but thats just my opinion.I cant tolerate mayo at all but u might be different, best thing is to read ur labels for the fat contents of the food you are eating.It is very daunting when u first start but you start to get used to it good luckx
  • Posted

Very high in fat so it might spark the dreaded O/O off..... :shock:

BUT, tablets affect people differently...so it may not do that to u . But since it is very high in fat, if u have some, just a slither.... :lol:

May the force be with u .... :D (and not the orange oil)

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I seem to be okay with mayo - but I buy the extra light version. Also have the light salad cream like dawn and don't have any side effects

You just have to try it and see.

Jane

• Posted

I mix low fat mayonnaise with low fat naural yoghurt to give a lighter dressing on home made coleslaw, and have no adverse reactions with the tablets.

Beryl

• Posted

Hi thanx for the info u are all so friendly and helpful thanx again it's nice to have sum1 on hand for help and advise ....x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.