Hi

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello my doctor told me to try forum chatting. I don't have much trust in shrinks but I feel at a loss of where I can turn

I can't seem to move on from the mistakes I made in the past and It wasn't anything horrorific. My ex girlfriend had a miscarriage with what I thought was my baby and it turned out it wasn't anyway I started drinking a lot and lying to my friends about my drinking and anger issues I guess after a while they thought it was best to leave me alone and i look back an I'm so sorry to them for what I caused but I can't forgive myself for happens I find it difficult to talk to people I'm always in constant state of fear an anger an I don't know what I can do

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hun, sorry to hear about all the troubles in your life lately! I'm sure it's tough to go through. I know you say you don't have much trust or hope in a therapist but honestly if you have a lot of built up aggression or feelings, that would be the best person to go and talk to if you don't have a really good friend who'd sit and listen to you and give you guidance and good advice and help you through your hard times, but really a professional would be the best, they can help with all your emotions, the drinking and just help you let it all out and with that and maybe even a medication of some sort I think you can pull through it with some time if you really want to get better! I'm here to listen if you want to talk. I'm a 31 year old female with 3 younger kids and have been through a lot also and suffer from severe anxiety and depression. I'm also on medication for both of these things and have times where it pops up really badly at times and it causes a lot of grief in my life so I can relate to you on some level but am willing to help with whatever I can! Hope you find peace of mind Hun!
    • Posted

I'm afraid my previous counselors I had at school never took me seriously so I lost all trust in them and my drinking is no longer an issue thankfully I do have that under good control now I was on anti depressants for a long while and it's not something I want to go back to. What started your depression and anxiety
    • Posted

My depression all started after losing a baby by miscarry. I've always had anxiety but it was more hidden and controlled but after that happened everything gradually got worse and the depression deepened and anxiety went skyrocket! And I was no longer able to control it or myself. I also moved a lot and that has something to do with it also because it puts a lot of stress on me having to move so much especially the last move which was about 7 months after the miscarry, I was loving it where we were living and the kids loved it and we up and moved back to Michigan which I said I never wanted to do again cause I hate it here lol and so that made everything worse!
  • Posted

Hey Joe

Sorry your having a tough time

Do you have friends and family you can talk to or consider therapy.

Stay strong you are not alone

cool

• Posted

I recently moved and don't really have any friends due to my past mistakes my partner recommend I try something to try an help combat what's going in my head

• Posted

Hi did your doctor diagnose you with depression or anxiety?   Are you on any meds and/or counselling? 

• Posted

No this has been something I've been dealing with for a while. When I was at school I 4different counselors forbeing bull

lied and non them took me seriously and a teacher started to bully me as well so I don't have much trust in counselors

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.