Hi

Posted , 7 users are following.

How many of u find the pain worse at night when lying down woke up in agony this morning. I find heat helps more hope this goes soon it's awful.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, definitely worse at night but for me that's die to nerve damage. I would advise u to go and see your doctor for examination and diagnostic tests. Once you've identified the cause you can make a plan to see chiropractor,massage,physio, surgeon etc. Don't just leave it and bli fly hope for the best

• Posted

I too find the pain is far worse in the night,and then the first big challenge of the following day is walking down stairs,I know understand how it must feel to be disabled.

• Posted

Does your pain feel sharp at times this is awful making me worry
    • Posted

Copy that! Having this really does make you think about people that have and do deal with disabilitys for long periods of time/life I'm so grateful for the friends I have around me at the mo i.e. Shopping etc if I were an wild animal this would be fatal for gods sake it compleatly takes over every waking moment of your life. I hope you return to full health asap.

• Posted

Thank you. Hope this disappears just as quickly as it arrived. If i was a horse think i would have been put out of my misery by now. Feel guilty for being so self indulgent.
  • Posted

Feels really raw,the pain is as bad as toothache, just cant get comfortable even with the help of strong painkillers like codeine. Have only had this pain for the last couple of weeks,Doctor said its Perisfomis syndrome with slipped disc,thought my pain threshold was high, ( ive had four children) but this is agonising.
  • Posted

Hey Bev 

I'm suffering with this soul destroying injury To it is my 1st encounter sciatica , It started with a little ache in my shin in November 17 I put it down to shin splints yet found that heat really helped (even at this stage) cold may reduce inflammation and numb for short periods yet feels uncomfortable and unbearable. Over the coming month it gradually got worse limping,dragging my leg and then have to rest every 10 steps just to stop the fire shooting from my glute all the way to my little toe. Come February I was basically bed ridden, it was bad during the day worse at night to the point where I would be clutching my bum,foot(3 little toes numb by this point)in a panic state tossing turning sitting vs laying,no relief .my leg(tingaling all the way down when it wasn't on fire). I read someone else's post before and they said it felt as though someone was literally ripping the limb from her body and I understood exactly what she meant. Being an ex body builder I had managed my own knots,tears stretching deep massage heat/cold yet this pain is relentless Having recently migrated south from uk i avoid hospital at all costs I rested it while doing some research as I'm sure you all have, so iv done the most common sciatica stretches,acupuncture, hot water bottles (on foot help massively) walking(they all seem to say "stay active pfff come and do ten steps in my shoes) so iv limped/dragged myself to the end of the road twice a day in seathing pain with no relief (medicating myself with paracetamol 1g and voltren 50mg every 5 hours)whatsoever this continued these for maybe two weeks still no relief.soooo demoralised/board generally beaten by this stage(February). I gave up I'd had enough of everything.more reasearch etc yet while just resting no exercise  i came across a few things that I thought ok I'll try again. Hanging from a bar helped  tingles yet some comfort. So I got too motivated and I think I over walked and stretched.iv had been to the docs now had X-ray and as i thought no diagnosis I was given a pain killing injection in my glute and sent on my way which worked for the pain yet you could still feel discomfort through the meds ( 5 days later it wore off, it felt good not great but positive movement so I thought I'd try lil bit of everything slowly again standing in mirror to check I am standing straight(as my body's been protecting the area for months now iv kinda forgot how to stand straight) last two days have been awfull again 😞.still doing reaserch ( watching Mri scans of slipped disc etc) v.intresting videos also came across this video which makes scense to me about not doing those sciatica stretches which aggravate the whole situation (How to fix a bulging disc NO surgery athlean-x) it 8 1/2 minx long also an Indian remedy a bucket of water as hot as your feet can manage with a handful of salt and half a litre of cider vinegar soak both feet until water is cool, wrap feet in towel to keep warm and go straight to bed avoiding standing on any floor (especially cold) without shoes on till you shower in morning. So that my experience so far guys and the above two are my next plan of action I will update after experiment wish me luck. P.S if pain is unbearable swimming pool helps massively seems to take pressure of my nerve and relive pain almost fully(not swiming or exercising i over worked mine and suffered for days so just floating that's the best for me so far. Hope this may help even reading your posts on this forum has boosted moral knowing I'm not alone in this if you have found any methods that have helped yourselfs please message me n let me know.

Get well soon 

• Posted

Have you had an MRI? If not, get one, you cannot get relief if you do not know the cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.