Hi

Posted , 7 users are following.

I sent in a message about drinking every day 1.5 liters of wine a day... haven't stopped I sit in my apartment, off of work injured no family close by it's driving me insane I get so bored and that's when I buy wine what do I do so sad depressed don't know what to do sad most days I eat 2 eggs and a piece of chicken, maybe if I am lucky a few nuts... I know I am making myself sick but I really don't know how to stop it ...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, sorry to hear about you being off work because of injury, what about meeting friends or they come over to you? maybe find things you enjoy doing I'm the same when I'm bored I just drink and drink but I've met people i can hang out with, i don't like going out the house because of being depressed. I don't eat much either but please try I'm here if you wanna talk just pm me 

• Posted

Hi Sue 

I’ve been there. I have cut down from over 20 units a day of alcohol to 6/7 units a day and some days none others days just 2 units. Simply. Go to the doctors and you will get tablets for a week of detox and some heavy vitamins. It’s not too tough. A few shakes and disturbed nights but after that week only stick to very low alcohol drinks (ie beer). I don’t allow myself anything stronger unless I’m on a night out or have friends visiting. 

When you get a craving literally distract yourself. You don’t need to go to AA if you don’t want to. You don’t need to visit anywhere if you don’t want to. But you can get this help from the doctor should you not want to be super open about it with the other groups. Seriously get a little help though. They don’t judge and are there to help. The sleep and appetite will come back for sure. I hope this helps pal. Give it a go and good luck xx

• Posted

Hi I used to drink 2 liters of straight vodka plus strong cider 24/7. I developed Korsakoff's syndrome in 2011 now disabled because of it. I spent 6 weeks in hospital recovering and now on medication for the rest of my life due to brain damage caused by drinking. The depression you feel is because of the drink it causes depression when you crave it. You need serious help before you also develop Korsakoff's syndrome. Look it up I was diagnosed in 2011 and have been soba sinice then. I lost my home nearly lost my family but did beat it. I am now 48yr old and all I can say is IT IS NOT WORTH IT !! Get help before it kills you and never say it won't happen to you because it can !! Don't be scared or embarrassed it is an illness you have ! Get it treated if you want to live and that is FAST !! I am registered Disabled you don't have to be !!

• Posted

Hi hope your ok , im really struggling with as well i spend all day in bed i have depression as well. I try not to drink but fail everyday, im wanting to try the sinclair method but need to speak to doctor, it does seem to be successful way forward having read a lot of people on this forum. Im here to chat if you want to pm feel free x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.