Hi

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I confess that I am a little embarassed about this, but heck it.

I have a real bad skin condition around the groin area, and throughout these last 4-5 years I have read a lot online. I have really sensitive skin around there, and by shaving, it becomes worse. I'm not sure what is this about, I have read about folliculitis and hidradenitis suppurativa, and I'm not really sure which one could it be, but I think I might have one of these conditions.

I went to different dermatologists twice, but they pretty much scammed me lol, as I live in a little country in Europe (Bulgaria), so I have lost faith in them, also I wouldn't like to be prescribed some antibiotics, as most of the dermatologists do and they are just making you feel embarassed about this thing, or at least this is the case in my country.

What I've been doing the last 1-2 weeks, is to ditch the shaving and switch to IPL hair removal at home. Also I stopped applying any type of hidrating creams to this specific zone, avoided any type of oils/creams and started washing this delicate area with Eucerin antibacterial soap and nothing else.

Someone on this platform also mentioned to take garlic, zinc and turmeric pills, so I'm also following this advice.

Next thing I'm going to try, is sunbedding as it's still not the right season to go to the beach. Another thing: I leave in a seaside city, and when I'm going to the beach this rash or whatever it is, is going pretty much away, so I have good feelings about the sunbed.

If anyone have had experience with this, please do not hesitate to share it here.

In conclusion I would like to thank all of you who helped me by sharing their thoughts on this, wishing luck to everyone struggling.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

you should check out my discussion on other forum. its very curable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.