hi all

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having all the symptoms and all I want is for a doctor to listen to me and understand me.

I have been like this for the past 3 years I've even moved city's so I can see a new doctor and still no luck. I can't Coughton without crying because of the pain in back of my head, I can laugh, pins and needles every time I sleep on my back please does anyone know who I can turn to

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, sorry you're going through this. Can you confirm if you're in the UK or somewhere else?

• Posted

If ur n that much pain u should have the surgery, I was like that I had no circulation

At all in my spinal fluid and it is sitting on ur brain causing u further brain damage.

My fluids built up behind my eyes I couldnt see for a week. It worth having the surgery to improve ur quality of life.

I've been studying this for Five yrs and my Neurosurgeon is brilliant. Surgery was not painful I'm back to work,.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Claire,

I was like you when I decided to have surgery  but makse sure you have the good neurosurgeon otherwise it might give you much problems after, I am not sure where do you ive - Walton Centre is great - QE birmingham hospital is the best if you could ask your GP to refer you to them..gps will understand because not so  many neuro surgeon special in this..its very hard to get the best in this field...but in my opinion o not copy me, I destested the surgery until its too late I suffered so much I kept having black out each time I cough, sneezed..in the end the op. was the best..I am 10 months post surgery the first 2 months was really tough..then I have the best 5 months pain free - now I start getting headache (2 weeks ago) but I do not need to take any medication, my spine killing me, but nothing to compare with prior surgery..I am free medication now..I keep moving (gentle eercises such as walking 20 minutes each day)..so have surgery ..then you can feel different. Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.