Hi all, am struggling with side effects of Venflaxine. Headaches, nausea, confusion. Anyone relate?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Really struggling with side effects. Very hot, Headaches, nausea, tingly, confusion. Can anyone relate to this? And will it stop?!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samfitz...I can relate. I've been on Venlafaxine since last Nov taking 300mgs. I'm tapering down now as it didn't work for me and currently down to a quarter of a 75mg tablet. Be careful with this drug, it's horrible coming off it. You don't say how long you have been taking it? But I had similar side effects and they wore off after a couple of weeks as with most meds. I remember the sweats...I'd arrive in work and suddenly I'd be soaking! What doseage are you on? 

• Posted

Hi Julia, I've only been on it for a week, starting dose of 75mg in conjunction with Lithium. Was expecting some side effects from the lithium but not had a problem, so a bit shocked that the Venflaxine has made me feel so crap! I will definitely try to stick with it. Thanks for replying.

• Posted

Hi Sam,

Yes, I can relate - side effects can be very worrying at first, but they do lessen in almost all cases (though they can return and then go away again most unexpectedly!) stay with it, it's a very effective drug in most cases and the biggest mistake is deciding you can't cope and trying to change meds - take your doctor's advice, tough it out until it improves - you WILL feel better in time.

Good luck and take care,

Mike

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me Mike; I will try to stick with it! 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.