Hi all anyone got any good advise I've been on Mirtazapine for

Posted , 2 users are following.

4yrs,I amnow trying to come off it.I started at 45mg over the last month I've gone down to30mg,first 3wks fine but now I can't sleep which I've always taken Tamazapam for so I've been doubling the dose it still don't work and sleep for me is very important as I suffer chronic IBS and sleep is my only release.I thought I'd be able to control the anxiety with Diazapam which I think I'm handling.I am determined to get off this drug as I feel I've been on it to long.But I am struggling with no sleep,anxiety,also I can't stop crying.Its difficult to handle pain all day aswell as all these other problems without sleep.Can anyone give me any advise please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have been on Mirt 45mg for 8 years - I know how you feel. Sleep is also a very big issue for me - had been very disturbed and struggling to achieve good unbroken sleep for a number of years. I also take Diazapam. For my sleep itself, I tried Tamazapam but it really didn't work for me. I am now prescribed Zolpidem (Stillnocht) and it has made a significant difference to my sleep and I also feel calmer and more rested taking this particular tablet. How these drugs interact undoubtedly differs from person to person and it took a long time for me to grasp any balance to my meds but personally, Zolpidem has significantly helped with my sleep and as you know no sleep is a vicious circle in what it can do to you. I hope this helps. Best Wishes.
    • Posted

Hi I was given both Mirtazapine and Temazepam for IBS .Ive been to doctors this morning,he said the same as everyone else take your time but he also told me he was taking me off Temazepam two tablets that help me sleep he wants to take me off.He has really stressed me out.He said Tamazapam was addictive I've been on it 8yrs I'm 71yrs old does it really matter for gods sake .My husband is fuming he's booked me in with another Dr.They haven't got a clue about me,my Dr of 14yrs has retired .I have tried Zolpidem in the past and they don't agree with me.Sorry to rant on so but I feel so stressed.
  • Posted

Hi there!

Go over to Surviving Antidepressants site...they will help you withdraw safely.

It needs to be done very slowly to minimise withdrawel.

• Posted

Thank you for replying Sara your right you do have to come off them slowly and in your own time but rather than me repeating myself read the message to 7966 Ialso did have a look on that site thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.