Hi all anyone have a problem with skin rash?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a really bad rash all over my body driving me crazy.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

This issue was addressed in the first forum you asked this question - asked by Moodiali.  No point us all repeating.
    • Posted

I must have missed it and am very interested since I have this issue so there is a point in repeating it. You can always ignore it if you aren't interested.

• Posted

You asked this same question on the post mentioned.  All the info was already there.
    • Posted

If you don't want to participate in this then ignore it. It is benifitting some of us. Why even comment on it?

• Posted

Because I commented on it in the post I mentioned and so did a lot of other people.  Perhaps if you go back and read it you will get the information that you want.

Having had HH for 27 years, and as does my husband and my son, joined a HH association, started and ran a support group, do a lot of HH awareness projects, go to conferences and speak to researchers around the world, and searched and read profusely for answers, I could hardly say I am not interested.  You should read up on what has already been submitted.

• Posted

She just asked a question. If it was a question that has been asked and answered before, who cares. Let it go.
    • Posted

Chris, I got you confused with Carmel who had already asked this question on Moodiali's post who had asked this question too and there was already a lot of response.

You're right, it has been asked before and answered before.  I would have thought that people would read what is already there before asking again, unless it does not answer their question.  I will just ignore those repeaters from now on, as I guess they are not really interested in the knowledge/ responses that is already there.

• Posted

You know what, I don't think anyone here appreciates this type of attitude. If you are not going to ad anything productive, don't comment. It doesn't matter if the question has been answered before.

• Posted

I think your attitude is bad - I was directing her to where the information had already been laid out.  Those people had some good things to say.

• Posted

Hi Chris as I said I'm new to the site and might have been put off using it by Sheryl's response but I'm Irish and have a (fecking blistering) thick skin so I'll just carry on asking questions regardless. Thanks for your input and have a great weekend and Sheryl you have a great weekend too .

• Posted

Yes, I have it. Mainly on my arms and legs. It is a rash with spots of dry flakey skin.
    • Posted

I can remember it getting bad about 2 years ago but I had minor skin condition prior to that. I'm not sure when it started.

• Posted

Mine started about a year ago and has got worse over the year I have to give blood next week so am hoping it will improve after as I am convinced it's to do with the hemachromatosis, doctor say no but I don't agree with her. Thanks for taking the time to reply as I am only new to this site and MISSED any other discussions on this subject.

• Posted

I showed mine to the doctor and he said it most definitely could be because of hemochromatosis. A common symptom is skin bronzing. My skin didn't bronze. It turned into a flaky rash. Both are caused by excessive iron in the skin. My ferritin started at 1887. Weekly phlebotomies for 11 weeks it went down to 294. Unfortunately I haven't seen a change in my skin yet.

• Posted

Wow that was very, high, 294 is still high too. My skin started off dry and flaky but now it blisters and bleeds, I never ever had skin problems before.
    • Posted

I was very itchy for many years, but only once did I develop any semblance of a rash.  I only found out about my genetic hemochromatosis about 2 yrs ago.   After my 1st 12 phlebotomies, my ferritin went from 1,000 to about 1300. with the saturation going from around 70 to close to 90.  After 2 more years of bi-monthly and then monthly phlebotomies, the ferritin is now down to 30 with the saturation % being 12.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.