hi all gail here

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all

thank you all for the messages of support, you dont realize how much you need them when your not well, but IM BACK and on the mend ok not as fast as i thought with having a few hiccups but well and truely on the mend now first time in two years ive had no painkillers today(so far) and not regreting the op at all! tfu im so sorry about your experience with the hospital get yourself down to morriston i could not falult any of the care from the cleaners up to the consulatant they were truly fantastic, my local surgerys been fab the district nurses came to dress my wound then take the clips out, so onto physio next week but only gentle moving exersises, the hosp physio intsilled in me that i have to be good and listen to them if i want to get back to work by feb IS THAT BRILL!!!!!!!!!, i,ll post again tomoz and i want to thank you all again for the support you,ve all been brilliant. gail

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gail,

It's good to hear that you're on the mend. Take care.

Angela

• Posted

Can I have your memory foam products now then Gail :lol: lol
  • Posted

Hiya Gail,

So glad things are now progressing in the right direction and that your hospital experience was a good one :D .Please, please, please take it easy and listen to the Team..heed their advise..( remember us nurses, HCA's, carers make the worst patients...don't we). Hope the physio goes well and keep up the good work.

Take care,

Jules xx :D :D

• Posted

hi there

hold on the darren im not being so niave to think i may not need my foamy things again, but when i finaly decide to give them the elbow you can have them k with my best wishes. i hope your doing a little better and had a good xmas, and id like this oppitunity to wish you and your family a very happy new year and hope it will be an easier one for you.

hi jules

well as you say us health peps make the worst patients. but i am being good and listening to the physios, i have had a few bad nights but on the whole im pretty good (cant stop smiling) i have been aiming to get back to work feb 17 ( my aim not anyone elses) but now i see your going back in feb do you think im being a little optimistic? im so looking forward to getting back. i,ve physio later today starting with strenghthening exercises, i never realized how weak my right arm/hand was i was getting so used to living that way, im still on the sitting for max of hour at a time , that im finding hard as i want to do things christ even thinking of decorating my bedroom!!!! ( i wouldnt though just knowing i,ll be able to is brill) thank you for your support and a very happy new year to you and your family :bubbly: and heres to a brilliant new year.gail

• Posted

HI Gail,

I Gail I am sooooo glad you are on the mend!!!! :D :D I hope you will feel as good as I do 8 weeks post-op ( I think it's 8 weeks...I've stopped counting in weeks..it'll be 2 months tomorrow). I feel great apart from the odd minor twinge which is prefectly normal and looking forward to returning to work. My job doesn't involve lifting ( as a Community Mental Health Nurse), but bending, twisting and lots of in and out of the car so will prob be doing office based work at first and seeing my people at the office ( those who can get in to see me). If your job involves any lifting I'd leave it longer...do you have access to Occupational Health....get their advice and also get the advice of the Physio's.....don't go undoing all the hard work and waiting you've been through for going back to work early if you can help it. I wish you and yours a very Happy and Healthy 2008 :magic:

Take care,

Jules xx :D :D

• Posted

Welcome back Gail, best Chrissy present ever isn't it!!

I'm pleased you are doing well but don't get too down if you have a hiccup or 2 along the way.

You must be doing well to be going without pain killers so early on - go girl ......

Happy new year to you all

Sandra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.