Hi All Glad To Know I am not alone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All, I have had these symptons for some years now, pain and tenderness in ribs shoulder & arm,& over sensitivity- when having an attack it hurts to travel in the car or even the vibration of pushing my granddaughters pushchair is painful.(does anyone else experience this?) I am sure my partner & family are sick of me going on about it, I am sick of hearing myself mention it but when it is so painful you can not get away from it. I have had ultrasound, Mri scan & lumbar puncture for numbness & tingling in my arm, doctor tested for M. S. breast consultant told me had tietze's after ultrasound as i thought I had a breast problem. Have had attack for last few weeks it is driving me mad. Thought I would write this to give my family a rest, I get so tired but dread going to bed as it is so painful on lefthand side & around back in that area. Thanks for listening. I have not met anyone else who has this untill I have just found this site I would not wish it on anyone but it helps to know you are not alone & not going mad.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello polly,

sorry to hear that your in pain,yes i get the same symtoms as you and ive just had a bad attack that lasted a coulpe of weeks,my famiy also get sick of me talking about it,im sure thy think i make it up,,grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

anyway all i can say to you is get tons of rest as you will already know but there is one think that i find irrates my tietzes and that lots of cups of tea which i drink more of at the weekends when im off work and i seem to suffer with it more so i cut it down.

take it easy ok.

regards

Andy

• Posted

Hi Andy, Thanks so much for your reply do you find it gets worse in the evening, sometimes it feels like I have a hard lump inside me under my arm or in my chest and as though your heart is being squuezed it is so uncomfortable, I find cold or heat is the only thing that can take my mind of it. I have not had it this bad for years it worries you sometimes that it could be more serious which makes you panic and then makes the pain worse. I was told last time I had it bad to rub ibruprofen gel into the sore area for 3mins in the morning and to time it not guess it & the same again at night for 3 weeks and to carry on for the 3 weeks even if the pain eases after 2 weeks. I think I will try this again will keep you posted. I can not take nurofen as it upsets my digestion. Oh well I am still standing.

Regards Polly

• Posted

hello polly,

yes it does get worse in the evening esp when ive done a days work,i get pains in my chest really bad sometimes and i think the worst then i have panic attacks,,allsorts of horrible things go through my mind,i get very depressed as well so what i tend to do is take co codamol then go to bed.

i cant say that ive tried heat on the painfull area as yet but lots of people have said it helps.

hope your feeling better and the same goes for anyone else that reads this,take care.

regards

Andy

• Posted

Hi there sorry youare all suffering too sad l can sympathise with you all and noone has actually said this is wht l have l suggested it and the doc agreed with me! I too have probs lying on my sides and if l wake up on my back in the morning the middle of my chest hurts sad in and out of the car hurts me too and carrying even the lightest of bags, or shivering from the cold. I cant do hardly any of the things l used to beable to or lm in agony sad l take amitripyline at night and l have tramadol or diclofenac to take when its really bad had a horrendous night Friday pain was awful l could hardly move even using my arms to get out of bed the pain shot right up the centre of my chest. My pain is either under left collar bone, top of left breast that feels like a poking pain doesnt last long comes and goes, down middle of breasts sternum area and downeither side of lower ribs, I also have back pain lower and cramping to upper back did see a rheumy about fibro was told they dont like to diagnose anyone with fibro too many symptoms !! So got pain killers and told l need to see a councillor what for l havnt a clue!! Anyway nice to meet you girls hope we can help each other xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.