Hi all, I any thoughts on this is appreciated. I was on 125 mcg Levothyroxine.. I have been so exhau

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sted and Dr. Paul found out my vit D was 11 and my thyroid was very low normal so decided to give me Vit D 50,000 ie/u to once a week and upped my Levo to 150 mcg. I have been on it for almost a month and I cannot get past these side effects. The heart pounding, and the fast heart beat, the hot flashes, and headaches every day, and the awful body and chest pain. I also noticed that the 150 mcg pill is blue in color and have read about reactions to the dye. I tried splitting the dose today with same reactions. How long does it take to get used to this change or will I? I'm considering going back to the white 120mcg and just split another pill to make it 150 and see if I still have a reaction before I call the Dr... Any thoughts? I used to use tirosint but was very costly.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ruthie every time my meds were increased I felt terrible faint dizzy heart pounding.I take 137 started at 75 when I eat better and seasons change I get cut back by cutting pill in Half every other day. some people like us are very sensitive to dose changes I take a vit supplement too I think it helps Try increasing slowly

• Posted

Blue?   Which brand is that?
    • Posted

Its a generic manufacture by Lannett. I just can't tolerate it!!

• Posted

Ok, what is in it, apart from blue dye?   What are the fillers?  Have you tried taking it with an anti histamine?
    • Posted

Or try another brand?
    • Posted

I don't know what fillers are in it.. I have never tried taking it with an antihistamine.. What would it do?

• Posted

I'm 100% sure you're suppose to stop taking the medication if you experience chest pains and rapid heart beat!!!!

• Posted

if you need thyroid hormones, its never a goid idea to not take them..   You just need to find what suits you.
    • Posted

I have stopped the 150.. Back down to the 125 for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.