Hi All I have been on citalopram for one and half week...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All

I have been on citalopram for one and half weeks. I am starting to feel a bit better but I can't stop yawning all day long, my sleep has improved a little bit so hopefull with time this will get better. I still get panic attacks at the moment but hopefully they will also leave me soon. I am going on holiday at the end August and I would just like to feel normal for that. I really hate the way i feel and just wish it would all go away and leave me to get on with things. Does any one know if you can have a drink with these pills ( i am not talking about getting totally out of my head just one or to on my hols.

:roll:

[i:037330158b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:037330158b]

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Tina.

He has lost his appetite a bit as well - not completely but gets full quickly.

Lack of sex drive won't be any different to how it's been for the last few years. I think the depression gave him a low libido anyway. Although I was hoping for some improvement in that with medication!:lol:

But overall I am feeling positive about the pills. It is quite hard work sometimes but he's worth it.

[i:8c62364ee0]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8c62364ee0]

• Posted

Hi Lou and Claire

What has happend to you two. Not a word for ages I hope is well.

Tina

[i:3d7b00570d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:3d7b00570d]

• Posted

Hi its me again....

sorry I have not been in touch... its been a bit crazy here. Pleased to say I realised the job was my main problem, so I have handed my notice in, which gave me the push to find a new job and it did!! I start a week Monday!!

Things are a lot better, I'm back to the happy person I was before, it took a while but I got there!

How are you both doing? It seems strange reading these comment, knowing I felt the same. At the time you feel you will never get better, but you do...

I am due to have some counselling to avoid it happening again, and to be honest I will give it a go...

How are you doing?

x

:wink:

[i:c080cbafd4]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c080cbafd4]

• Posted

Hi Claire

It's good to hear from you and well done on your new job. I am sure every thing will work out well since you feel this good so soon after the change of job. Are you still having any side effects from the happy pills. I am not to bad still yawning at bit but nothing like I was. Eating much better than before but the weight is still dropping off me not that i was big before, sleeping much better too. Going back to the doctors this week to see what he has to say about things. I still get in a bit of a panic and it seems for no reason at all but then it passes.

Well keep in touch

TX :D

[i:fafa60e0b4]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fafa60e0b4]

• Posted

Hi Tina

I have been taking these tablets now for 10 weeks, and to be honest most of the side effects have gone, still can't drink more than two glasses of wine and not be drunk mind!!! my memory has come back, which I was finding so stressful as normally I was so organised.

I noticed you mentioned the "bit of a panic" that just starts, I was getting that, and even though I still get it slightly, I can ignore it, I try and think why I feel like it, is it a situation that is going to happen, just a normal nervous feeling. But how I coped with it was to either, talk.cry with my boyfriend, strange but if I cried, it would ease off!! or I found walking helped. I do get nervous energy, but I handle that by going swimming and burn it off....

If you ever need to talk and have nobody free at the time, try calling the number I wrote on a previous comment, I found just talking it through with someone, made me realise I was normal and not alone, sometimes you just need to hear that...

stick with it.... you are a strong person to get this far!!

xc:wink:

[i:1f3cdd65a1]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:1f3cdd65a1]

• Posted

Hi Tina Here

Went back to the doctors today. He has changed my pills from twice a day to one a day in the morning he said try. Same doesage but just in one pill. I said about drinking he said no more than one or two but see how I go ( I am bit worried about drinking on them still.) but I can't go on holiday and not have a drink. The doctor said I should be looking at stay on my pills until March 2007 and he has recommned a book to buy and read to help me as well. So please keep in contact I need all the help I can find. I told him about the web site and he said yes it's good.

:lol:

TX

[i:0ea17a59eb]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0ea17a59eb]

• Posted

Hi

What has happen to you two then. I have been on my holiday had a great time could not drink any more than two drinks as when I did try then my husband ended up putting the children to bed etc etc. I can normally drink 6 - 8 drinks a night so that was a bit of a shock for me. But once I laid on the bed I could not move. While I was away I only had one shaky day as I call them but that passed within 10 minutes really. I am back to work and into the same old thing day in day out but with the help of the pills I am still coping. Still a bit forgetful. It would good to hear from you and how things are going.

TX :lol:

[i:3123ae503e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:3123ae503e]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.