Hi all, Im 9 weeks post op for Posterior Repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

And have tried so hard to be "good" not lifting etc - just started a bit of light housework and lifting washing now, don't feel ready for vacuuming or much else. Just the last couple of days though I've had the dreaded "bulgey feeling" back, not nearly as much as I remember in first month or so, thank goodness. I am a worrier. My question is, to those who relate to that sensation, is it something that will 'come and go' as part of normal recovery? Or does it signal total disaster?!?!? I can cope if I know what to expect, and that it might just come and go a bit, and more rest will help it?? Thanks!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey Ruth,

Yes I had exactly the same thing, and I could feel tissue when I self examined. But now I’m 4.5months post op and things are settling down a lot. Physio has told me its normal too. Continue with your exercises and b kind to your body & you’ll be fine 

• Posted

O thank you so much Candy!! What a relief!! You mean its normal for the bulgey feeling to come and go a bit? Going to try and feel for myself I think to reassure self. X r
    • Posted

Yer it turned out normal for me hon.

I remember thinking to myself .”. oh crap, my prolapse is starting to drop again” - whenever it felt bulging or heavy I would literally stop what was doing, put my feet up & rest. 

And this started at the 9 week mark !

Let me know how you go hon 

• Posted

Hi, Candy, I am just 8 weeks post op posterior repair and partial hysterectomy. I lost all back pain after operation and it has just started to come back. Did you get this at all? 
    • Posted

Hey Karen,

No hon I hardly had any pain at all. However , I had an anterior prolapse & hyster. I have heard there is much more pain involved with a posterior tho, if that helps.

8 weeks is such early days sweet, take it easy & be kind to your body. 

• Posted

Hi Karen

The pain with posterior can last for months on and off.

This is all norm a l part of the surgery.x

• Posted

What about the "bulgey" feeling tho...that's what I hate at 10 weeks post posterior repair still!! Feel like there's a horizontal 'ridge' along the middle back of vag wall.....can't stand it...not quite as bad as "sideways wedged tampon" of the early days, but still so unpleasant and distracting...is this normal and will it go away?!? R

• Posted

Hi Ruth, how your symptoms now?( I don’t receive notifications so have only checked back in to our discussion )

I hope someone who has had a posterior can offer advice, as I’ve had the anterior & hyster. 

• Posted

Hi Candy, much better thanks, all seems to be working well, still take a softener and try hard to remember to do my excercises.

Thanks and hope you are well too.

Ruth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.