hi all its keith again its now two oclock in the aftern...

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all its keith again

its now two oclock in the afternoon on sunday,going out fo sunday dinner as its mothers day .at this point in time im really scared ive never been scared in my life before,as im being addmited into hospital at ten oclock tommorow morning for a discectomy operation on tuesday i am now very scared but going to go through with it as ive been in constant pain and discomfort for the past nine months, so hpefully everything will be ok. hopefully before this gets posted it will all be over,i will post again when im able to. and tell you how it went,and i wish everyone all the best in their back problems and hope you all get through it.it is very tough and painfull time for me and all other fellow back sufferers but remember there is light at the end of the tunnel so keep positive and dont give up

speak to you all soon

atb keith:yikes:

[i:b5d1248c2b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b5d1248c2b]

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi home from hospital did not have the operation

they took me to theatre and the anethetist canceled at the last moment,she said i could not do it as my blood test showed up low sugar levels and a chest infection,i could not belive it, they could have canceled before putting me through all what they did dont know now if i can go through it again

[i:bb3baa9da8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bb3baa9da8]

• Posted

Oh Keith that is horrible I am so sorry. Stick with it and go for the op. I had mine 10 days ago and am not in any pain - can you imagine that?- It really did go as soon as I woke up. There are people around you moaning and groaning that they are sore after their ops (not back) and I was like 'what this is the least pain I have had for 5 months!!!!' I am obviuously really nervous of any twinge I feel but let me tell you I dropped nearly all pain killers immediatley - except for those I have to be weened off as I am addicted!!! -. Keep me posted and I know its soooooooo hard but keep going, Lorraine

[i:1644fb144a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:1644fb144a]

• Posted

same here dont give up on that op! i nearly pulled out on mine for the same reasons i was so scared well s**ting them

was on my back 2 week prior to op, the day after i was walked round the ward without crutches !!

had it done over 2 weeks ago no pain at all now looking forward to getting fit again and a summer of sport

[i:63cad3e4e6]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:63cad3e4e6]

• Posted

Hey Keith you ok? I am worried not heard from you let us know you are ok will you?:D

[i:70ed0ff52b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:70ed0ff52b]

• Posted

hi lorraine im still here,been back to hospital and have to go back 6th june to see how im doing,the reason for this is that my sciatica pain only comes now if sitting for to long and then i get pins and neddles before the pain comes so if i get up and move about the pain doesent come back,i can control it,my back is realy playing up at moment but they say i they do the op with just back pain it is likley to make it much worse,still have slight numbness ontop of right foot and a lot of weakness to right leg but that has semmed to level of but not getting worse nor is it improving past present condition,probabaly permenant due to the amount of time traped, 9 months now,they have told me i have also got a sixth lumber disc,a transitional vertebra,and this is acting like a disc so its making my back more prone to prolapse, i work in a factory which involve constant lifting and bending and have been adviced not to continue to do this as ill injure my back even more and end up a lot worse of and to look for something non repetetive, do you think this is right,anyone else had any experience where they have been told not to continue doing what they are doing and to change

let me now

best regards keith

[i:c7ec855a8c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c7ec855a8c]

• Posted

Hi Keith good to hear from you.

I do know the op is to relase (decompress) the nerve therfore the siactic nerve is no longer pressed upon, however the op does not work for 'back pain'. Maybe it is the work you do but who knows you can not get any definates from anyone!!

It sounds like you may be on the mend though if you are starting to get some relief? I was told that however bad it is it will eventually go (not that you can believe it I know)and you seem to have had it for such a long time, I really hope that this is the case for you.

Take care and keep us posted, Lorraine :D

[i:3b44e6d65f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:3b44e6d65f]

• Posted

Hi Keith, i read your first review before i had my op and i'm sorry that they could not go ahead with yours at the time, it would of been the chest infection causing low blood pressure. Anyway go for it, its been 10 days for me and i'm pain free. Best wishes, Karen:wink:

[i:483f8dbc8c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:483f8dbc8c]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.