Hi all, new here.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, I’ve been on mirtazapine 4 about 6 months and have recently gone off it 4 about a month now due 2 my pharmacy abruptly stopping delivery with no notice whatsoever.

Anyways, I’ve just started feeling many of the symptoms 4 about a week now, I can’t seem 2 get a hold of my dr right now and I don’t know what 2 do or how 2 deal with this.

Pls help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's absolutely disgusting treatment from your pharmacy.what dose were you on? Did they give you no reason why they can't get this drug? Have you not tried other pharmacies? What symptoms are you suffering? Not sure what country you live in,but would think you would be able to get emmergency appointment with a GP at your practice,in much less than a month.

• Posted

Yes, it truly is.

I was taking 3/4 of a 30mg tab so 22.5mg.

Nope, absolutely nothing. I’ve let them know several times that I need it as I’m running out and they’ve just ignored me (worst pharmacy ever) never going back there again.

Yes, I’ve switched pharmacies just not sure what 3 do next.

My symptoms r: nausea which makes it hard 2 eat without throwing up and loss of appetite, irritating headache which makes it hard 2 do anything but lie in bed, trouble sleeping and not wanting 2 get up, feeling cold nearly all day even when wearing sweater, involuntary shaking as if I’m freezing, weakness everywhere making it hard 2 walk, dizziness when I get up and coughing (not sure if it’s related or not).

I’m in Canada, close 2 Toronto.

It’s actually not my GP but my psych who prescribed it as well as cipralex (4 me cipralex is my antidepressant and mirtazapine is 2 help me sleep), I’m off of both 4 the same reason.

• Posted

Really sorry to hear of your suffering,thats a huge drop from 22.5mg to nothing,you must be feeling so poorly.can your new pharmacy not get mirtazapine for you? Can you not get an emmergency appointment with GP at least? to see if GP can suggest anything?

I had originally been on 45mg for six years,and tapered down first to 30mg,(didn't realise about tapering and withdrawels then) suffered severe prolonged migraines,sweats,tinnitus,shivering cold,extreme fatigue,nausea,anxiety spikes,and BP went through roof,had to be prescribed antihypertensive meds,never had high BP in my life (this was when I did research and discovered these were all withdrawels.Then I thought I could drop to 15mg,but big mistake,as had such severe nausea and muscle spasm in neck that it trapped up nerve all down my arm for over a week,(even though I immediately put dose up again).went slower after that by cutting pills with pill cutter,still have withdrawels,and feel rough for a good 3 to 4 weeks after each reduction.my only reason for wanting off this drug is severe nightmares,and bizarre vivid dreams,the drug certainly worked for my severe depression,over many months though,it certainly wasn't an instant cure.

really not know what else to suggest,but to either obtain mirtazapine ASAP via new pharmacy,and in meantime get emmergency GP appointment and explain your suffering,he may be able to prescribe something to ease your suffering.

good luck,and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

forgot to say yes,I defiantly had that feeling of dizziness like I was going to pass out,never did,but felt awful.
    • Posted

Thank u 4 ur kindness, I really appreciate it 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.