Hi all, not sure if I'm peri or not??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been feeling pretty crap for last 6 months. Periods lighter and irregular, feeling stressed and anxious all the time, no motivation. My once bubbly self is now tired and withdrawn!! Also convinced I'm have something terribly wrong with my heart. Terrible missed beats and at times thumping heart beat. Been to docs, they did ECG, saw a couple of ectopic beats but think nothing wrong. Going for 24 hr monitor. Heart rate can be as low as 52 sometimes. My friend thinks I'm pre menopause. I'm almost 46 and going out of my mind. Anyone else like this?? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andipandi, it sounds like it with the symptoms you have I started around 47 years old with change of periods with change of periods and by 50 years old bang it all set in for me,all normal hope you don't have it to bad HUGS

• Posted

And nothing isn't wrong with your heart we all get it ok

• Posted

Please don't worry. I am 48 and I too have anxiety and feel totally withdrawn! I also had 24hr monitor for my heart and all is normal. Funny enough all comes out normal; blood results, scan, xray, mri... but you know that you are are not feeling normal. In fact it is all to do with going through peri-menapause and I guess it is kind of normal. So please don't worry. Let's hope it will all be over soon and we will be back at being totally and really NORMAL!

• Posted

Thanks, it is  resassuring to hear others feel the same! So glad I joined this forum! 
  • Posted

HELLO ANDIPANDI72, YES SWEETIE ALL THIS IS PERIMENOPAUSE.   I KNOW ITS EASY FOR PEOPLE TO TELL US TO NOT WORRY ABOUT OUR SYMPTOMS BUT IT IS HARD BCUZ WE REALLY DONT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR BODIES DURING THIS TRANSITION.  WE CAN TRY AND ALLEVIATE THE SYMPTOMS AND PRAY THAT IT WORKS BUT FOR THE MOST PART IT CAN BE AWFUL.  BUT! THIS IS FOR SURE AS EACH DAY PASSES BE ASSURED THINGS WILL GET BETTER.  I STARTED PERI ALMOST TWO YRS AGO.  I HAD JUST TURNED 45 AND IT WAS LIKE CLOCKWORK!  WOW!  ALL THIS STUFF IS REAL I WAS IN DENIAL FOR A LONG TIME BELIEVING I WAS DYING OF SOMETHING BAD!  ALL LABS, EKG”s ETC.  NORMAL!  BUT I CAN HONESTLY SAY I AM MUCH BETTER THAN WHEN ALL THIS STARTED IM NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET HOPEFULLY SOON BUT DEFINITELY FEEL MORE STABLE AND IN CONTROL OF MYSELF.  IT DOES GET BETTER THOUGH I PROMISE YOU.  LETS BE STRONG TOGETHER!  🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Posted

Hi olimari, yes the beginning of peri is always worst but with time it the symptoms you have then disappear and others comes along but it does get better with time.. I'm still going through it but not like how I use to just having to be hot and getting jolts while drifting off to sleep, worrying about every single thing that could happen, like everyone else on here just waiting for the day to come for it to go, as you notice some symptoms you can handle and ignore and some you can't.. I hope you are out of the woods one day soon God bless.

• Posted

Hi andipandi I am exactly the same I’m 52 still have periods but very irregular and heavy and light all over the place my heart was exactly the same racing beating hard missing beats it was so scary it is good to know other ladies are the same sending hugs 🤗 and xxxx

• Posted

Thanks, yeah the whole heart thing is horrific. Everyday I have it. Here's hoping the anxiety of it eases. 

• Posted

Hi

I have just had blood test done because anxiety, pounding heart and feeling totally not myself and bingo I’m on the change my periods are all over the show but hopefully soon be over keep positive the only way out is through x it’s awful but us women have to go through it and my doctor said HRT is not the answer 

• Posted

It is awful. Think my anxiety levels would reduce if I knew for sure my heart is healthy enough. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.