Hi am on tramadol and down to 50mg a day

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am still having strange side effects like jaw stiffness and head aches am taking it slow as have tried before cold turkey and was like a fire breathing dragon not very pleasant,am on day 14 of only taking 1 a day and thought it would have settled down by now,any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest that you wait until you stabilise before you drop dose lower. Withdrawals can last for many months/years for some people. Depending on how long you have been taking Tramadol.
    • Posted

Thank you will be waiting as I don't think I could cope at the moment and have family obligations so need to be some bit normal

• Posted

Tramadol a synthetic opiate which is less addictive than the darling of the pharma companies: Oxycodone, aka OxyContin or " Hillbilly Heroin."  If your pain level allows it try to reduce the dose. Take half a capsule 25 mg with 500 mg paracetamol and strong coffee no sugar. Or stop if you can. Go cold turkey.  Swimming will help. And if you live in a cold country steaming hot bubble baths is recommended. Don't forget to drink plenty of water. Good luck Bangkok-Johnny  

• Posted

I don't know if it's less addictive but I have been on other tabs like palexia solpadol ect and had no problems coming off those having big problems with tramadol

• Posted

Belinda I hope in the last five days you are feeling a bit better. Keep going now, as the other messenger said you can have a paracetamol and a coffee.

Please keep going you will be fine in the end

• Posted

Hi ange7a will keep at it but the more I do the worse the side effects seem to be as in the busy days I feel terrible and days I don't do anything not so I find it extremely strange, sorry for rambling a bit, thanks for your comment 😐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.