Hi Am really struggling right now could do with talking to people having similar experiences?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I could really do with some hope right now I was diagnosed with mono and am currently dealing with this living hell for nearly 5 months now and it seems like it wont end.. I have always been healthy was literally about to start my nhs training before being struck down at age 29 the chest pain and other symptoms are unbearable my GP said there isnt much he can do I would say this is the closest to anything sinister I have experienced I really dont know if i can cope having everything I hold dear stolen from me I want my life back so badly ..... how are you all coping could do with tips? thanks

Nathan

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

It does get better. I hope I can give you some hope as I was where you are thinking will I ever feel normal. I really seen a difference at about 7 months. I feel so much better now. I still have a few white places on my throat even after 10 months, but I feel better. Don't give up. Prayers for you!!

• Posted

that is great to hear thanks for the support i am seeing a bit of a difference but not much did you have really bad costochondritis with yours? i seem to have that along with a tight sore stomach but the flu like symptoms are fading of along with abit of energy returning just very fatigued and have internal tremors its very odd

• Posted

I didn't have much of that. Do you have white spots in your throat?

• Posted

Much better!! Felt much better around month 7. I know that seems like a long time but it gets better!

• Posted

Hi Nathan,

I suffered from a really bad case of glandular fever in Sept 2018 & I remember feeling the way you've described. I began to feel better after about 7 months & each month after that the tiredness eased more & more. My advice to you is rest, eat foods rich in vitamins, keep hydrated & keep telling yourself you will get better.

It may not seem like it now but this is temporary & you will recover.

Best wishes,

Gill

• Posted

thanks Alana and Gill for the supportive words it does help as silly as it sounds ill take the advice and try to stay positive i am seeing small improvements so ill just keep at it hopefully be back to normal in the next few months thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.