Hi Bioidentical hormone therapy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there, I'm 43 years old and I have diagnosed with perimenopause. I have all the symptoms and also I lose will to do anything. My life is hard at the moment and I'm very debusolated regarding rht. My question is that anyone tried the bioidenthical hormones therapy .?Dose have the same efects like sintethics one?

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I never found any ease from 'health' off the shelf menopause products.  When I use the term bio-identical, it still requires a script and while it is synthesised from a plant, it is the safest oestrogen to use.  The oestrogen is called an estradiol oestrogen which is the oestrogen that our body 'used' to make.

Transdermal is the safest.  That is something that is applied to the skin, e.g. patches (twice a week), gel (daily), or an implanted pellet which depending on the size of the pellet can last from 4 months to 12 months.  Depends on how much oestrogen your body requires.

I hope that helps.

• Posted

Hi there , thank you for the unswear, I will like to know if you use bioidentical hormone , they have the same efects like sintethics one. They efficient like sintethics one? How about the side efects? Thank you
    • Posted

I use the bio-identical estradiol products as stated in my earlier response.  They are synthesised from plants.  What you might be referring to as 'natural' products were useless to me.

Bio-identical means it has been synthesised to be identical to our real oestrogen.  They are deemed to be the safest and most effective for us.  I have no side effects as long as I am using sufficient strength.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the information you give to me and I'm sorry for my English.

• Posted

Hi Sheryl

Im not sure if this will reach you but how long have you been on bhrt?

I have been trying for quite a while now with the bio identicals, and without much luck ever getting it right.

so much so that it was embarrassing to me that i was never right with them..they tried to help but 9 months later im giving up the hope. I started at very little dosage .25 estradiol and 60 progesterone, nothing really works, then it was 0.5 estradiol and that was ok..but never helping me with my moods which the providers claimed it would help.

• Posted

I have been away and not accessing this website.  I have been using estradiol (bio-identical) since 1989.  I had a full hysterectomy and do not need to use progesterone which I think is the problem hormone.  My gp insisted I use progesterone for a while and it made my oestrogen ineffective as it is an oestrogen antagonist.  I told her no more progesterone.

I also started with 100 mg oestradiol implanted pellets which was quite successful until they stopped making them and I had to move to patches of the same strength but they would run out too soon and I would immediately get a wave of depression or anxiety until I remembered I needed to replace my patch.  I had to supplement with an estradiol gel.

I finally found a compound chemist who makes estradiol pellets but I found they do not last as long as the original ones.  So last implant consisted on 2 x 100 mg pellets.

Now you have to understanding that size of pellet has nothing to do with strength of oestrogen that I am absorbing.  The body takes only what it needs when it needs which is different at different times of the day.  This works differently to oral oestrogen which I have never tried and would not want to.  Transdermal is best.

You might be getting too little oestrogen and too much progesterone.  A research gynaecologist in Leicester (?) Hospital has reported that we need as much oestrogen as it takes to reduce menopause symptoms.  There is  no point getting knotted up with blood test results.

You have the extra problem of getting the right level of progesterone and it will take trial and error to get that right.  But from what I have read you need to start small, or in your case because you have already started progesterone, perhaps trial reducing it, and increasing your oestradiol.  See if you can go on an implant so that it does what it needs to do, and take your progesterone separately, unless an implant is available for that too especially if it works same as oestrogen, i.e. the body only absorbing what it needs.

You will have drs who don't know the above (my gp did not) and think that it would be giving you too much oestrogen so you will have to educate them.

Good luck with it.

• Posted

All the new hrt is actually body identical and safer than the older. Bio identical are not safer than conventional and not approved from FDA. Hope it helps! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.