hi can anyone tell me if I have the symptoms of MS

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi it is a long story but three years ago it started where I could not move my left arm. I have always been healthy so this was a suprise to me. I went to the doctor who sent me for a MRI looking for a stroke and a limber punch all negative. I was diagnosed with a migraine so I never went back. However over the past three years I have become coloured blind and I am getting double vision which is getting worse. I have an ache again in my arm and tingling in my arm and  left leg.i get like spasms in my rib area but not everyday they come and go. I feel like ants are crawling over my body and face and now find it difficult at times to find the right words. I bump into things as I judge them wrong and trip when nothing is there whilst walking out and about because my legs feel heavy. I am exhausted everyday and wonder if I have what is called MS ? Please anything will be helpful advice thank you 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen a doctor since you started gettingthe double vision and the other new symptoms?  If not, then start there.  I would want to get another MRI and I would want to see the written report on the last one you got.  If you get a new one, and it comes out negative, then I would be stumped.

Yes, I think those symptoms are those of MS.  Haven't you researched MS symptoms?  There are many great sites and even videos on youtube.

• Posted

Hi no I haven't thank you . I will look at youtube. I felt deflated the last time to be honest when I went and then just got on with life . I did not know that I could see the written report . 

• Posted

I am in Usa. I have getting impression from others on here in UK that they have more difficulty getting results from tests.   I specifically ask for the tests.  I also have a CD of my MRI, that I can show, and have, to other doctors to get another opinion.  The radiologist reads the MRI and then provides the doctor that ordered it a written report.  Most of the report is technical describing what they saw.  They then provide an brief 'impression' of the results.

I do understand the just getting on with life, because I am in that position now.  When you are still feeling bad but no diagnosis, you sometimes just give up on it.

In your case, I think it would be good to see if there are any changes between now and your last MRI.  If their aren't, then I might feel more confident about not having MS.  

My symptoms are still pretty mild and vague, so I would expect it's going to take a while for me to get a diagnosis.   In your case, you have enough symptoms, specifically the double vision, that it warrants more testing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.