Hi can anyone tell me if thrombosis can cause stenosis thank you

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have looked up both on the internet and have got thrombosis through my medical notes except one that has said stenosis when people were saying i had problems with my blood  x factor blood ha and i didn't and im know thinking a cover up    thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A thrombosis is a piece of something in your blood stream (plaque, tissue, fat,) that has become dislodged and is now blocking an artery or narrowing it, diminishing the amount of blood flow flowing through the artery.  This is very dangerous in the brain (a stroke) or around the heart (myocardial infarction).  Stenosis is the actual thing that is being blocked (in this case the artery) or narrowed. Thrombosis is always in the arteries and to do with blood flow.  However stenosis can involve any structure in the body.  We often hear stenosis as it refers to the narrowing of our spine as it surrounds the spinal cord, causing pinching and often lower body symptoms.  A thrombosis can lodge within an artery and then cause stenosis in that artery so no blood can get through.  I hope this helps!
    • Posted

Hi thank you for your reply,I had a accident frozen shoulder and neck injury then black fingers,stents,stroke,amputation,medical people put it done to crohns as my medical notes about my accident was kepted away from them in seperate files, but I had not be in hosp, not met my Dr for crohns till my fingers turn black shaking his hand when he said we have never met but I've been your doctor for the last ten years I was in so much pain     thanks for replying

• Posted

What type of stenosis?

Why would they cover up? Nowadays  doctors will answer your questions and explain points that you say that you do not understand. If not change doctors.

• Posted

Hi derek76 well the medical staff have been trying to make out my injury was a blood disorder with the doctor jumping all around his office i had x factor blood which i hadn't,it dosen't say what stenosis but i had stents put in shoulder,then i had a pontine stroke all after a frozen shoulder & neck injury and after the stroke i had my leg amputated now the public hosp didn't get any info from my doctor or the private hosp about my injury which realy makes me mad i relied on them to let them know as when my fingers turn black it felt like someone was pulling out my finger nails so i was able to sit down and talk to them about a injury that happened 7 months before hand. 

I hope you can understand I feeling down at the moment and a little bit angry. because I did homehelp for four years and look after my small child while she was at primary before that i was a copy typist for 14 years and now i'm disable person and its hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.