Hi can poor posture cause this horrible pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

so i keep getting a pain in my left side, by left side i mean actually in the side, about 3 ribs down from my armpit pretty much in line with my left nipple but around the side, my left side of back hurts at times (shoulder blade area) and sometimes across my whole upper back, i must add my chest gets abit of pain at times aswell and pressing on the left pectoral right next to my armpit is a little but tender, honestly i tried searching up poor posture pain locations and it just shows back and frontal pain , was wondering if anyone has had localised pain in the upper side below armpit from poor posture?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Josh,do you have any problems with digestion? This could be gall bladder pain, or something in that area.If this is constant I think you should see your doctor for investigations.

Alternatively, have you been doing anything strenuous lately? Carrying anything heavy, moving heavy furniture etc. What does your job entail? In that case it could be just the tiny muscles between your ribs that are strained. They will take a couple of weeks to recover. Have you tried taking an anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen?

• Posted

Hi I get the same so if you find out let me know, I put mine down to how I sit or even wearing slightly tight trousers

Hadn't considered it being gall bladder

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.