Hi denise

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just a waiting game now if I need a f t f gp showed me letter he wrote but just confirmed my conditions ECT very vague !!!

Can just sit and wait

Also other question was risk s g questions coping with change ECT

Go States that I do manage but I get a lot if help from family thus is wring but like my gp days he does not live with me so how can he answer the question !!! Feel sick

The in my good thing was that off is servers and got to do rituals ECT in a daily basis that's it really very vague don't think this letter will help

Hope you are ok

Kind regards x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Coping with change is a descriptor for both groups but to be placed into the Support Group under this descriptor your levels of coping must be extreme. It really depends on your evidence and what the assessor thinks, then a report will be written with advice for the decision maker to decide.  Less extreme levels of coping would be awarded points, rather than placed straight into the Support Group.

For your OCD then reg 35 could be possible but then so could reg 29 which is WRAG. As i said it just depends on evidence and the face 2 face assessment if one is needed.

To be honest, i really couldn't guess whether what you've sent is enough, it it's not then they'll send you for an assessment for sure. As i keep saying, all you can do is wait but how long this will be is anyone's guess.

Let us know the outcome and hopefully for you it will be a good one. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you yes you are so right my evidence is esa50 and letters both from gp and c b t therapist but the professionals not fine into great detail I suppose it's facts but up to me to prove in esa5o which I have done and backed it up with gp letter and meds and therapy ECT like my gp he can give his opinion but he does not see me everyday so only his opinion I know I have done my best and I carnt do any more if I fail well I will go to Mr and then appeal but surly with o c d how can I be fit for work I don't leave my house in my with support not eaten lost weight and my rituals have got worse since June with all this and been in contact with crisis team due to feeling so low I am not well like many other people on this site but law is law and we got to prove we are not well but Thank u so much for your help and kindness x

• Posted

You're welcome. To be honest, it's the same with everyone for GPs with writing letters etc. A lot of people struggle to find the evidence and have no option to go to their GP. When they contact a medical professional  for ESA it's usually the GP they contact.

If they don't have enough evidence to complete a paper based assessment they'll send you an appointment for a face 2 face. If you need a home assessment you'll most likely need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why.

I really do understand the worry and stress all this causes. For me i always find ESA the worst, i have no idea why. Maybe it's because they assess you on the work you can do rather than the work you can't do and this include any type of work.

I wish i had answers for all of your questions but sadly i don't because i know nothing about how your condition affects you. If you go for the assessment all i can say is take someone with you and try to answer all the questions with as much detail as possible. You're most likely looking at reg 35 for entry into the Support Group as this is the most common route. Fingers crossed you stay in that group.  Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you x

Yes o c d effects every min of the day and I dine my best explaining this in was 50 what I got to do with my rituals ECT causes si much distress for all of us but we all have to go through it we are not alone

Thank u I will let you know the out come xxx Thank u for your honest opinion and your time it's much appreciated xxx x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.