Hi do anyone get this like i am getting

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies i have been to the doctors and i told him my symptoms having a tight chest pain in my right shoulder and it's worse when i wear my Bra i am quite a big person so this probably dont help with my condition even when i lay down at night my chest feel so weird it's making me feel so depressed the doc says my lungs sound ok he suggested it could be like Costochondritis inflammation of the chest wall it's doing my head in as it dont seen to go away sad

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jayne,

Sorry you are in pain.  Unfortunately having bronchiectasis seems to give us all aches and pains, all part of the disease!  Not any help to you when you are in painsad - did he give you any meds for it or suggest anything to help with the pain???  As for the bra thing ..... I can't wait to take mine off as find its too tight round the diaphram and messes up my breathing, so don't think its anything to do with your weight.  As for sleeping at night, I lay on my left side as its my right middle and lower lobe that has the bronchiectasis.  Don't sleep well anyway, never did even before the bronchiectasis, just "cat nap" really which makes me tired in the day.

Do hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Hi Trish yes he just gave me ibuprofen but they really dont help much , yes it's a horrible feeling when your bra makes it so uncomfortable to wear. I have been taking sleeping tablets which the doc prescribed for me when this all started i still wake up two or three times in the night to go to the loo , anyway thanks so much for your reply xx
  • Posted

Jayne,

Ibuprofen will probably only take the edge off the pain, but should help a little if its an inflammation problem. 

Here's hoping things improve for you very soon. x 

• Posted

hi Jayne, I understand about the bra thingy, mine always stayed oon all day, but now only a few hours. I have dry Broniectasis and horrible chest pain all day every day since I was hospitalised 8 weeks ago. I also am concerned about the chest pain and shortness of breath. Hope we both find answers.

• Posted

YES! I am having right now. Comes and goes. I bought a bra without the sharp things in the cups (dont remember the name, sorry) the other day and it makes a difference. Think ill wear it tomorrow. All the best.
  • Posted

Hiya, yes Ive been having issues with my bra not fitting as well lately and causing pain im going to be buying a biggr size round the chest at the weekend to see if that helps.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.