Hi does anyone else experience nausea and fatigue with chiari 1? My consultant dismisses connection

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I have chiari 1 and suffer extreme fatigue nausea and broken poor sleep

My consultant says these symptoms are not connected to chiari 1

Anyone had there dr agree a connection ?

Do you suffer from these side affects too ?

Thsnks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandy yes I have no sleep pattern at all I can be up all night with banging head sickly feeling bad cramps and anxiety.

But seem to e living a busy mum life on 3hrs pn. The medication I'm on doesn't help but my NS at Preston says the symptoms of CM vary from each patient and as this is a rare condition even them them selfs are learning new things all the time. As I say to many doctors, u are taught this condition threw a text book?? So how do I no that the person researching it ha all the correct information?? I mean like I say no 2 ppl with this are the same? So how can doctors be sure what they are taught is all 100% accurate! I often say when they tell me no it's can't be this? And how do I no?? Do u have this condo or?? NO! So believe me when I say what I feel! Sorry for the rant but there is absolutely no help out there for this and it's so annoying as we need answers and support not just looking at like we talking poooop!

• Posted

Thanku for replying . You described how I feel all the time perfectly! At least I don't feel like I m imagining it

Feels like I m going mad when dr s dismiss the connection between chiari and our symptoms .

• Posted

Hi,

I totally share your frustration about doctors. I told one about head pressure and they nicely walked me out of the office. There answer was I neede to stop drinking sodas. She also provided a pamphlet to justify my problem.

My son took me to psychiatrist. I told them what I was experiencing. They said I had some kind of neurosis. Thus I was placed on two prescriptions.

I could give example after example. The bottom line is believe in yourself. No one knows what you are experiencing.

M

Let us hear how you are doing. Btw there is a list that lists your symptoms as Chiari.

• Posted

Here is a list of symptoms I found on the internet. I hope it answers some of your questions.

Subject: Chiari Brain malformation

I know all of you hear me complain a lot. The list below verifies my concerns. I wish I could just fix them. Thanks for taking a moment to understand my challenges everyday.

Below are some of the many

symptoms suffered by people with Chiari. Keep in mind that every patient is different and these symptoms are not listed in order of frequency or severity:

1. Headaches (made worse by coughing, sneezing or straining)

2. Neck Pain

3. Difficulty Sleeping

4. Muscle Weakness

5. Numbness

6. Unsteady walking

7. Poor hand coordination

8. Slurred speech

9. Blurred vision

10. Dizziness

11. Fatigue

12. Sleep Apnea

13. Difficulty thinking and concentrating

14. Shoulder pain

15. Weakness in hands

16. Nausea

17. Shortness of breath

18. Difficulty Swallowing

19. Leg weakness

20. Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)

21. Memory problems

22. Abdominal pain

23. Chest pain

24. Depression

25. Anxiety

26. Arm pain

27. Hoarse voice

28. Sensitivity to light

29. Poor or loss of hearing

30. Episodes of rapid heart rate

31. Black out spells

32. Double vision

33. Frequent urination

34. Abnormal gag reflex

35. Hypertension

36. Hypotension

37. Nystagmus (fast, uncontrollable movements of the eyes)

38. Palpitations (abnormal heart beats)

39. Vomiting

40. Visual loss

41. Earaches

42. Nosebleeds

43. Snoring

44. Thoracic pain

45. Wake up choking

46. Curvature of the spine

47. Abnormal breathing

• Posted

Hi the list you posted describes me on a daily basis !!

If only my consultant would recognise this😔

Helps knowing others share the frustration

• Posted

Hello, I have constant headaches (all day long daily) for 6 months already and fatigue..and nausea as well.. and I have one new symthom now, menstrual disorder..now it is late by 10 days..can it be caused by Chiari also? I feel like whole my body is destroying piece by piece..
    • Posted

I've never heard of chiari ever causing menstral problems of any kind

• Posted

Hi,

I don't know about the problem with the period. I can tell you that I have stomach pain without any reason according to my doctor. He has done test after test. I don't know your age but menopause can cause all kind of weird changes. To some it up, I just feel bad all over.

• Posted

Yes I have dizziness and nausea along with a long list of other symptoms. I also have Syringohydromylia so some will be related to that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.