Hi, does anyone take cocodamol 30/500 along with Tramadol?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi long story short, i had herniated disks L5&S1 in 2013 pure agony gp, didnt give anything told me just paracetmol and dont bother with ibruprfen, kept going back in agony, 5 weeks later she sent me physio saying it was just muscles! He told me its a dad hearnition of L5&S1 and when he heard how gp didnt help at all he wrote a note to give to her, well saw a dif gp with the note he gave me cocdamol 30/500 & 50mg  diclofenic it helped a bit but the pain was really awful-but didnt really help i had bad pins & needles and pain

Down legs and butt cheeks, after seeing physio for 4 months he said cant do more for me its “burning out” and will get better BUT numbness down left leg and into my foot and little toe will maybe come back but may not as not having anyi imflamotories in the first 5 weeks has just crushed the nerves in spine and may never come back... well for the past 6 years im still

Numb and in pain everyday for 6 years i couldnt sleep

For the pain so last year after many many gp trips about this he finally put cocdamol up to last 4 times a day and on repeat as before id been going bk every 2 weeks to the woman gp who didnt give me anythinin the beginning, and my gp at the min put it on repeat and double amount to last a month at a time. After a year of that he put me

On amitrptline 25mg helped me sleep from 1st still no change in pain for 4 months so upto to 50mg. So after a year and half of current gp

Instisting my pain is from

Lacking vit d so all hes done is repeat bloods always comes bk with imflamition, but narproxen does nothing for my pain other than put my bp up (im On ramiprill 10mg) for high bp so thats no good, same if i take ibruprofen. 

Finally after 6 years of never having an xrsy or MRI to see/confirm the L5&S1 herinatin and ruptures i got an mri in july and results 2 days ago... 

it showed in lumber spine L5&S1 Major heriniation & major annular tear in disks... but also disk dengerations in few disk low down. 

The consultant rhuemotogest  

Who sent me

For xrays and the MRI and told me the results has said her plan is...

1) gabapentin/preglabin

2) injections into area 

3) if all those fail to help the SURGERY. 

Which i dont really want the latter..

My question is i have gp in the morning for my medication review and after looking up and speaking to my friend whos a nurse and she uses tranadol for her awful back pain i am setiously needing something to go alongside the cocodamol as that along with no ibrupron or diclofeinc or narproxen as i cant take those for cuz of my high blood pressure my question is does anyone here take cocodamol 30/500 with tramadol? And if so how do they help you with the extra help with tramdol x 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Toni,  I’m sorry to hear about all your issues with your back.  I have L4/L5 and L5/S1 disc bulges and hand pins and needles in calves and back pain that varies in intensity.  I was given Nortriptylene 50mg (Amitriptelene substitute with less side effects) which I take in the morning otherwise it keeps me awake.  It has taken the edge of the pain but not much more than that.  I also take Naproxen 15mg per day and codeine 30/500 at night if pain is bad.  I don’t find codeine does much except give me constipation!  I have started taking Gabapentin 100mg 3 x daily and I have noticed a difference in pain already and I’ve only taken it for 2 days.  I was reluctant to take it as I know coming off it again will be difficult but I got the stage after six months of pain of thinking f...it I’m taking it - I’ll deal with the consequences later.  After all the pain you’ve had for years I would take Gabapentin and see if it helps.  I googled a lot of reviews of Gabapentin and most were positive with regard to pain relief.  I took Tramadol and I didn’t like it at all - makes me literally cross eyed!! Hope this helps!  Good luck 
    • Posted

Hi lis, thanks for replying, i

Think i may give it a go, i dont fancy the sound of that preglabin stuff 🤷🏻???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.