Hi everyone!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all,

This is my first post in here so tentivley saying hello seperate to anyone not had side effects - Don't worry Anne I know smile lol

OK I am 34 I have 3 kids I have suffered panic attacks for many many years about a year ago it started getting worse 6 weeks ago I had a breakdown and new I needed help. I started seeing a counsellor doing CBT and was given Cit by my doc 10MG

At first I was like all the posts on here I can't do this it was getting worse but daily I would read the posts by you all Anne and Paul especially and you really gave me hope these tablets would work I have a phobia of being sick and at first they really were not helping my case by making me feel so sick!

No I am day 23 for 10mg my appeite has come back I am feeling slightly more positive good and bad days still sweating alot and my stomach still hurts about 3 hours after I take the tablet. I was so scared to start them like many on here but trust me you go through hell at the start but I am only just starting to feel the positives half way through week 4 and I have even considered upping to 20mg but I am going to see how I feel by week 8.

Anyways I have now said hello

Chris xx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, like you I'm new to this forum, but not new to cit. I started last march on 20mg, and I suffered with side effects such as loss of hunger, headaches, feeling spaced out especially in the first week. However after 3 weeks I started feeling much better both mentally and physically. By week 4 I was a changed man and didn't look back. 10 is really low, so if you don't feel better around 4 weeks them don't get down about it, go back to the your docs and increase, it certainly doesn't mean they are not working. I made the mistake a few weeks ago of decreasing to 10 mg without seeing the gp as I felt good and 'thought' I had to come off them. 6 weeks later I relapsed after getting news i had got my new job, and going out to celebrate. The job is out of my comfort zone and with a young family is a gamble so my brain decided to shit itself! So I'm back where you are as I've increased back to 20 mg and feeling the odd side effects again. Whatever you do, make sure you do it with your gp's advice and knowledge. It really really helped me so hang on in there and you will feel much better .

• Posted

These forums are really good, so don't alienate yourself as there are many of us who share what Winston Churchill called his 'black dog'. Get exercise, walk the dog, just get out of the house even if it means walking around your garden. Worst for me is waking up early and sweating my tits off. I take my pill before I go to sleep, as It as quite weird during the day for me. Lay there, breath in and out of your nose similar to a bad when people have a panic attack. Any questions what so ever post them no matter how stupid you feel they might be.
  • Posted

Hi thanks for you positive words I take my tab first thing in the morning so I sleep at night. I am not against upping them but I don't tolorate tablets very well so taking it slowly dic did say start at 5mg and then go to 10 after 2 weeks but I just took 10 straight off as the thought of going through side effects again and again wasn't a good idea to me, I am go to 20 but I am going to see how I do a little longer and I will defo speak with the doc smile

Chris

• Posted

Hi Christine,

I'm also on day 23 of taking 10 mg CIT & have started CBT as well so it's nice to know you are too wink

My side effects have mainly been a constant headache which painkillers don't seem too touch sad & I've had a few days of feeling naucious & some heightened anxiety. I've also had a weird feeling of my heart beating in my ears & a faint popping sound in my ears when I drop off to sleep but the doc says this is all quite normal. Not that I've had a lot of sleep, lol.

On the plus side the anxiety symptoms I was getting on a daily basis have improved by about 90%. These were not being able to get a breath, stabbing pains in my chest, a lump in my throat that felt like someone was grabbing me around it & a feeling that something was stuck at the back of my tongue. Apparently this is caused by the bumpy area everyone has there becoming raised due to stress. It's very uncomfortable and I spent many a time trying to wretch & bring it up before I found out what it was.

So, all in all, I am starting to feel an improvement but I don't want to count my chickens in case I'm not out of the woods yet. I'm going back to the doc on Monday & possibly increasing to 20mg then.

Maybe we can help each other along the way wink

Take care,

Loulyn x

• Posted

hey Loulyn

yep exactly the same lump in my throat thought i had tonsil stones till i went fishing with a cotton bud to find nothing!!

ive not ready had anything other than feeling really sick headache comes and goes but iam drinking loads and i mean loads! im still having panic attacks and the feeling of dread but the chatterbox as i call it has shut up in my head! personally im really not ready for 20 just yet as i said above id like to see how i feel at the 8 week mark

chris

• Posted

Great News Chris, your doing so well, and you worked hard to get there too x well done xx

Enjoy ur Easter xxx smile

Anne

Not sure I like the new forum, missing lots of posts sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.