Hi everyone

Posted , 5 users are following.

I haven't been on here in a few weeks I been trying to get ahold on this anxiety I thought I was doing quiet well. Alot of symptoms calmed down some disappeared. I'm laying here and I have no idea what's triggered it but I all of a sudden started getting those symptoms I hate back the sensation in my chest like something going to take my breathe with a rush of heat out of nowhere now I'm sitting here worrying whether it will happen again.i m kinda getting fidgity now since that happened and the thoughts of is this my heart and praying not to have a heart attack. Please someone reassure me this is anxiety I'm tired of running to my dr last week she said heart fine stop worrying it's easier said then done.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pamela I've been suffering from anxiety and at times panic attacks over the last 6 years. I've had all sorts of medical tests over the years that have all been good. I know how you feel I sometimes go weeks feeling good and I think it's finally gone then all of a sudden it comes back. I get a surge type feeling through my body mostly in my back that goes through to my chest. I then feel irregular heartbeats. I know at this stage my bp is through the roof

It scares the life out of me!

I had just had a full medical about 4 weeks ago which was fine. This included an ecg. It's my 3 rd medical this year including a ER visit.

So I guess this is normal with anxiety. I just had these feelings about an hour ago it's is passing and now I feel drained and figity and I will admit it scared.

All I can do is trust the Drs that it is not something fatal. I have suffered for this for 6 years now. It's not pleasent at all. I'm sure you are fine as well. I do mindfulness exercises and deep breathing which really helps.

• Posted

I found a trick for anxiety that no one ever tells us about. every time I had a panic attack I get on my shoes and take a walk as fast as I can, I get my heart rate up and concure the beast. It really works!  A panic attack to me is my body telling me I am too sedentary.  Hope it helps.  The hard part of to not fear it. Take it by the horns and shove it out of the way!  
    • Posted

Hi Dee I do the same thing. If I'm at home I use an aerobic step for about 20 minutes. It really does work it really takes the edge off it.

• Posted

Hi Pamela,

I am not trying to deminish your symptoms, but the way you describe it, sounds like my hot flashs lol 

If it is simple anxiety, hormones, get out and take a hard walk or do some push ups, whatever you can do to get your heart rate up. I have anxiety attacks/powers surges all the time, they used to scare me, I called medics the first time. 

Do you take fish oil? I recall hearing someone say it helps the heart muscle. Likely all muscles. 

• Posted

Hello, have you seen a psychiatrist or tried Meds? I know some people refuse to take Meds but I have for years and no more panic attacks and my anxiety and depression is under control, exercise and diet and positive thinking help. Good luck.

Joe

• Posted

Hiya, Pamela. I've had a bad anxiety today too. But I can promise you that your heart is fine. All the times I've thought I was having a heart attack...well, let's just say I would have been dead years ago! You've had tests done and you've talked to your doctor. Now you have to try as hard as you can to relax and let the symptoms just happen. That's a very hard thing to do....and I'm still struggling with it too. Therapy and medicine can help....have you tried either of those? 

You will be just fine, Pamela. I promise. Please take care...

Nicholas

• Posted

Thanks everyone I'm trying to except it's anxiety and yes after it passed I'm fidgity can't sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.