Hi everyone Elevated Bp

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I got diagnosed with Hypertension last March 2021 and started to take Bp meds. Im only 39 but hypertension runs in the family. so for the past 8 months my Bp got controlled by my meds and it went down to 120/70 consistently. but recently i experience like starting to be 125/ 80 / and today i got a reading of 140/90 but it went back to 125/77 after 15 minutes... what woukd it be ???

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It could be lots of things, your BP is up and down at different times of the day.

If you are concerned a home BP monitor is not expensive and will allow you to keep a record over a period of time, it's the overall trend that is important in most cases, not individual peak readings.

I would caveat all that by adding I AM NOT A DOCTOR and any genuine concerns should be addressed to someone with more in the way of a medical degree and less in the way of a background in data communications and sales.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.