Hi Everyone. Here's my update re TN

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I just thought I would pop in and give you all an update on my TN.

As some of you will already know I came off Lyrica approximately 4 months ago. I was still in a little bit of pain but I persevered and then I was pain free. I felt so much better being off Lyrica after 9 months. They certainly weren't very kind to me. I'd never go back on them and was sad I couldn't keep to Tegretol as they were the best for me.

However it is still early days for me yet, as with my history of 9 months pain and then 9 months remission, anything could happen. When I retired I had a six year gap. It was fantastic. Why that happened I don't know. Then the dreaded thing returned. So I'll just have to see what happened in another four months time. Fingers crossed it'll have gone forever this time.

I feel so relieved not taking Lyrica anymore, having what I call my mind back, lol, is great and I'm even more active now. I go to an over 60's club and presently have taken up 3 activities which I really enjoy. It gets me out and also gets my mind off any worries.

I take cod liver oil capsules with vitamin A&D daily, I also took honey and cinnamon daily as a hot drink for three months, it did me wonders and was good for the Arthritis too. At the moment I'm just taking one tablespoonful of honey a day to see how that goes.

Well, I will keep in touch as and when I can. My activities take up most of my time these days.

I hope you are all well as can be expected and you've found some good relief for your TN. Try out the cod liver oil plus the honey health benefits if you can, you never know it may help your TN as well as any other ailments.

Take care

Gloriana

4 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi, im interested in the honey you have been taking, is it a bog standard honey off the supermarket shelf or is it the manuka honey please.
    • Posted

Hi lillypink,

I take the Rowse runny honey at the moment but it is even better if you buy the crystallised honey. I used to take it with cinnamon but I read you can only take it for three months. I'm trying to find out if I can go back on it. Manuka is very good for you, but I found that expensive for me. Try the honey and cinnamon drink, but do check with your Dr first because of your medication.

Good luck and hope everything works out well for you.

Kind regards

Gloriana

• Posted

You sound very pleased with life. What would be prescribed for you if you had a flare up if you can't take Tegretol ?    I think you are very brave to give up your medication. Tell me how you prepared yourself to do it. I dare not come of mine.
    • Posted

Hi Angiegirl

If I had a flare up I would go back to my Drs to see if there is a different medication I could take, but I doubt I would want to try. As long as I'm on my daily cod liver oil capsules and at the moment just honey I should be ok, I hope, but only time will tell. When I was on the honey drink I did notice I was more alert and active. I never had any arthritic pain either, so that says a lot.

As I'd been on the tablets for nearly nine months I had noticed the pain had lessened. So I gradually reduced the daily dosage until I had none. I was ok. 

You could try the honey and cinnamon drink, plus the cod liver oil capsules daily and see if you notice any difference. But you must allow time for it to work though.

When you take your medication do you still feel the pain before each dosage?

I hope my response has helped you. 

Kind regards

Gloriana

• Posted

So glad to hear such positive news!  May I ask how much Cod Liver Oil you take each day?

Thanks so much!

• Posted

Hi Heather,

Thank you. I take the Holland and Barrett high strength 1000mg cod liver oil capsules, which states 'with omega 3 and vitamins A&D.'

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Gloriana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.