hi everyone i have been diagnosed with fibro and really need help with my pain its unbearable

Posted , 5 users are following.

HELP please is there anything i can do to ease it a bit and i get a tingeling feeling in my hands and feet alot like ive been stung by stinging nettels is this the fibro or something else xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deborah,

Fibro is sneaky, it arrives in all kinds of forms, it has nor respect for anyone.  The pains and feelings seem to travel around the body and stop wherever it feels like.

My legs, in particular the left one has been just as you describe yours, for a couple of weeks now.  I had one day where it disappeared, then came back with a vengence. The lower part of my leg is swollen and hot to touch. 

?Have you spoken with your Rheumatologist about it, I can't take most meds as they upset my system, but maybe he/she could prescribe something for you.  Big Gentle Hugs x

• Posted

Hi Deb, I too was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. My Dr prescribed Lyrica. It actually helped but was too expensive with my crapppy insurance. Its the ONLY thing that helped. Hope you get some relief.
  • Posted

Hi Deborah, my names Kathy. Diagnosed 11 years ago but many here have been suffering longer than me. Ibuprofen has been my pain reliever of choice. Prescription strength that my rheumatologist suggested. Check with your doctor to see what would be best for you. I really love to sink into a hot tub of bubbles and Epsom salt. The bubbles are just for fun, but the Epsom salt is awesome. Try not to stress out too much. Relaxation and rest is really important. The more tense that you are just increases pain. Sleep is also very important. Try to get 8 hours overnight and if you can, short naps during the day can be a life saver. So many other medical problems stem from Fibromyalgia. I deal with migraines, IBS, costal chondritis, arthritis, etc, etc, etc. Check in anytime. We know how hard it can be. I was really relieved to find this group. It's just comforting to know that there are people out there that understand. My family and friends are supportive, but they can't relate to my situation. They can't understand how bad it can be. I hope that you find some relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.