Hi everyone I'm on the liquid diet for 4weeks.

Posted , 4 users are following.

i'm due to have a bypass when I have completed the 4week milk diet,

i'm on day two so I have a long way to go yet, I'm allowed sugar free jelly

and a clear soup a day. I found I was very tired today, I want to lose about 

6stone in total, I attended a weight management course before I got to this stage. I need help to get through the next 4 weeks anyone got any advice please? x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Blimey i only had to do preop diet for 2 weeks and wasnt only on liquid i had bypass 6 weeks ago .get used to soup yoghurt amd jelly lol
    • Posted

Where did you have yours Jenny , thanks for replying. I'm in Northampton so was sent to Luton & Dunstable hospital. I am 4ft10 & 15stone so need to loose about 6 stone so I meet the criteria for NHS. I am age 65yrs & have been on & off diets for 50 of those. x
  • Posted

Hi Marilyn!

I had a band fitted October last year and I had to do the milk diet like you for 2.5 weeks! So I feel your pain but I promise after the first few days it gets easier! I'm not going to lie, it is tough and definately the toughest diet I've ever stuck to! You just have to keep your eyes on the prize!

I wasn't allowed soup I had to have like a broth drink everyday, similar I guess!

You will feel tired and I did aswell!

Make sure you take multivitamin and mineral tablets, you will need these after op forever really so it's an investment!

I also found the pre op diet quite binding so I added benefibre into my milk or water x

• Posted

I had My bypass op on the 7 Feb 2015 I was only on the pre op diet for two weeks and I was aloud yogurts and also ready made slim fast shakes which filled me up and didn't make me tired as they are meal replacement

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.