Hi everyone, it's been nearly six months now and I'm still wheezing.. Is this normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So yeah. It's coming up to exactly six months after I quit smoking (I took advantage of a chest infection to quit smoking, it works.. But wow what a struggle when you're ill) but I'm still wheezing .. Is this normal? If it is. What can I do about it? When I was ill the first three times I used herbal teas like almost a heat vapour.. But I've quit for a long time now and I really want it to stop. 

Any advice?? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kat, well done on stopping smoking.

I don't know much about the wheezing but you could try Manuka Honey which may help. The steam therapy is a good idea, try with a menthol oil, and maybe physio to open the chest area.

I would probably see your doctor to check for lingering infection

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Kat, Well done, I know just what you mean about the hard work bit. I've been stopped 7 months as of next week.  I'm still struggling with side effect of giving up. The thing that's keeping me going is the fact that I never want to feel like this ever again. I didn't get such bad wheezing, maybe you've got that bit harder because of the chest infection sometimes they hang around longer than wanted. I'd get it checked out because of how long it's been going on.                                                               One thing that did help me when I was feeling like that was hot water and a fresh slice of lemon. I'm not saying it will stop you wheezing but the freshness of it made me feel better.  Good luck and think about having a check up 
    • Posted

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

my main problem has been what they call quitters flu. I've gone chest infection to sinus infection and the all the adverse reactions you can possibly get, after all tha i'm never going to start again. 

You understand the hard work we've been putting into this to ever do it again, I can't even go passed people in the street now because it hurts my sinuses. It's totally a good thing, now if I could only stop the wheezing. 

My doctor is very intrested to help me on any level as I've been asking various doctors at the practice for help on nutrition, stopping smoking and even depression after my mother died. All of which I was told stupid crap advice with no help what so ever. 

So hense a forum smile 

well dont one though on your quitting, we're over the hard bit now and things can only get better. 

• Posted

It could very well be your body still detoxifying, but I think it would definitely be prudent to go see your doctor and have it checked out.
  • Posted

Unfortunately I've asked my doctors for help on various things and there is next to no help, in fact they make it very clear I've wasted their time over things. sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.