Hi Everyone - Missed you - New Begining

Posted , 12 users are following.

This time the Dr. mentioned that I was not AS SICK as the previous time and they were glad that I had 3 months cause apparently I had alcoholic hepatitis the last time..so in the 3 months fortunately my liver healed.

They helped me to take all the medication I am supposed to be taking while feeling safe and being monitored.  I have a schedule now for taking my medications.

One tip I wanted to share with everyone that might help when you first get sober....Have a goal for every day....even if it is small.

Today my goal is to clean my toilet....and tub.....something my boyfriend usually does...but it looks like it needs it again and I told him last night that would be my goal for today smile.

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Great job Missy!  You are doing so well!  I too am trying to set a small goal for every day and it is helping.  Keep up your good work!
  • Posted

Totally agree with that one. It doesn't matter how small the chore or goal is, when you've done it you feel a sense of pride.
  • Posted

I am so glad you are working towards something and accomplishing it. I think if you keep trying towards something, if you never give up there's always hope . Keep up the good work and I'll keep looking for posts from you.
  • Posted

So pleased for you, Missy.  You're right it's good to have a goal each day even if small.  It's good to have a positive to say "today I am going to x" instead of "today I am not going to drink" because that's just a negative.  Well done!
  • Posted

Welcome back, Misssy, we were worried about you! Glad to hear you're back in the saddle!
  • Posted

So Missy, were you back in hospital/rehab for a few days?
  • Posted

Welcome back. I know paper fairy and I have missed you and were worried. Take it you've been in hospital again. Having a goal is a good tip, it's the only way I got through some days.

am in Spain at the moment, back on Saturday so will respond fully.

• Posted

It's great to hear from you Misssy and to hear you being so positive too. 

I wish you would come and clean my bathroom, it's a job I hate !!!

Take care and stay strong,

Pat xxx

• Posted

I have missed my neighbor !!! So glad you're back and feeling positive. biggrin My goal today is to go to the dentist. Nothing changed since you've been gone. Lol. Really, I do have an appt. But, I like the goal idea. Mine will be not to stress out in traffic to and from as there's a lot of construction going on. Blessings Missy and Welcome Back!
  • Posted

How are you feeling today Misssy? Hope all is on the upswing!
  • Posted

Hi misssy. Sooo glad to have you back on the forum again. I love your posts and humour. Goals when sober, that is so true. My first thing I do too is to clean the loo, sink and bath. Next day the kitchen, then bedroom and laundry. Only people who have been to hell and back, on a binge, understand the importance of this. Also cleaning your teeth( usually bleed for a couple of days from neglect! And cleanse, moisturiser, wash hair, makeup!! Then you start to feel a little like a normal again!

Someone meantioned in a post about lists for the next day to a week. I've done it in the past and it really helps. So I will be planning my week later. 

Anyway sending you love, peace and hope xxxx

• Posted

Hi - I love you too...if your gums are bleeding....I think baking soda and water helps alot...oh wait...I think it was hydrogen peroxide that really helped...if you have either one or both....rinse with them...alternating.

​I got stressed reading your goals..tooo many for me....if your ok with them than good...it works. 

• Posted

The bleeding always goes after a couple of days of brushing and flossing anyway. 

Hope you're having a good day. Keep us posted about the campral please xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.