Hi everyone my name is Anna

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone my name is AnnI’m new to this board I’m really upset I’ve been diagnosed with ocular rosacea and blepharitis it’s horrible it’s been eight weeks I’m miserable I’m going to a new eye doctor on Thursday everything I seem to do is not helping much

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann,  sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I was diagnosed with rosacea 1.5 years ago and also have ocular rosacea.  I have been prescribed Vidisic eye gel, but the one without preservatives, they come in small single dose phials and are much better than the gels/ointments with preservatives.  Hope this will help you,  Stefania
    • Posted

Hi Ann, my cheeks are no longer flame-red but I am careful.  The slightest change in cream and cleanser , especially anything scented - even natural ones - seems to reactivate it, when I then have to apply Skinoren again. I've long had a problem with dry gritty eyes as I also had Graves disease affecting the eyes.  So I am more or less permanently on eye drops to keep them moist.  

• Posted

Good morning yes this is a very hard time for me I really wish I could just talk to you I’ve never been through anything like this
  • Posted

Thanks!   The eyes are so vital to daily life!!
  • Posted

Hi,

Apart from what you put on your Rosacea, we need to think about what we put in it. I think a clean diet and avoiding anything toxic really helps and I'm also looking at Serrapeptase, sounds very interesting for many ailments.

As far as cream goes, I used; Zhonzhou Zinc Oxide and Sulphur Sublimate Ointment and a soap that I think was called Manting Bacteria Removing Soap. You only need a very thin layer of the cream, twice a day, just on the affected area. It has a very drying effect on the skin and it might make it worse before it gets better, but I would honestly recommend it, it was the only thing that worked for me and it still hasn't come back.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck x

• Posted

hi Anna - Wow! This is so wild, i was diagnosed with ocular rosasea years ago, it went away with Rx's then during menopause i developed Rosacea which gets compounded thru hot flashes/flushes & emotional stress (was taking care of my ailing parents at the time). So 3 months ago i wake up with a bad case of rosacea, eyes bloodshot, crusty eyelids, severely irritated eyes, watering constantly, light sensitive etc. i went to the dermatologist thinking it was Ocular Rosacea, get put on 200 ml of Doxycycline & told to double up on my Allegra allergy meds. No change. So, i went to Opthamologist who tells me i have Bleupharitis, he puts me on a antibiotic eye drop, tells me to put hot compresses with baby shampoo & to put pressure on eye glands. No change. i have been dealing with this for 3 months & i feel like my vision is a little compromised. i read that bleupharitis & rosacea can be chronic - My acupunturist told me in Chinese medicine, things going on with the eyes generally mean something is going on with liver & or small intestine...so now my health anxiety is thru the roof - but if you google SIBO (small intestine overgrowth) one of the side effects is rosacea - nobody seems to know much about rosacea - but if you find a solution to this eye issue, please let me know -

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.