Hi family !

Posted , 3 users are following.

whatever i wont talk about how i suffered ... i am 16 years old and i take humira for 3 years now , my body is building a resistance and its not working as efficient it used to be .. i am just sad with my life ,, its really painful guys i need someone to talk to smile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

?   i'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with this stuff so early in life.  You didn't mention it specifically but I'm assuming that you have been diagnosed with AS or some form of spondyloarthritis?  I'm assuming also that you are seeing a rheumatologist who is managing your disease? 

?  This is a very frustrating and demoralizing situation for anyone because sometimes  it just seems relentless.  We all get that.  Just remember that you are in charge ultimately.  Make sure that your doctor knows that the effects are slipping.  Your dosage can be modified and there are other TNF inhitors out there if Humira loses its effectiveness for you.  You are much better off if you stay ahead of the disease.  My wife does not have AS but has rheumatoid arthritis.  She was wheelchair bound and in agony but has been on Remicade and it has been a Godsend for her for the last 13 years so autoimmune diseases can be managed.  Hang in there and make sure your doctor understands your situation.

• Posted

Thanks peter <3 .. i really appreciate your words really what makes me hopeful that i am not alone here ... stay strong together

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.