Hi got tickled cough

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi been on Rampiril fo several months now . Started off on low dose now on 10 ml a day . But I'm sure they are the cause of me feeling so tired . Anxious I feel out of it . Not in the real world like a zombie . It's so scary like I'm gonna loose control ?? But on top of that is memory problems . I'm so forgetful . I wondered if it was start of dementia . But I'm wondering now it it could be side effects of this medication . I was on Amlodopine . Had to come off them because of side effects . Now I'm wondering if they both as bad as each other . Just wondered if any one else suffering on this medication . And are having troubles with memory etc . . They don't seem to lower my B/p much either 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You don't say how old you are Sue. I am 71 today! I am on Amlopodine and Ramipril. I can only take 7.5 mg of Amlopodine as any increase and I suffer with swollen ankles and stiff joints. I am on 6mg of Ramipril. 

Like you, I feel tired most of the time. I am also becoming very forgetful. I am otherwise physically fit and play golf and use the gym regularly. I hate taking pills!!! I too don't seem to benefit from much better BP.

• Posted

Hi there . Happy b/day .. I'm 61 . Been on b/p meds for about 4 yrs . On couple months on Rampiril . Amlodopine before . Didn't know it was Amlodopine causing problems until I went on holiday and forgot to take them with me . So got them changed. Now on the other horrors . And  b/p not stable . So I need to get these changed . Problem is Drs won't listen to us . They know better . Just have to soldier on ??

• Posted

This sounds exactly like my own experience. I always had not very nice side affects from the Amlodopine and was then put on Rampirill neither did much for my blood pressure and I had no energy... I went to the doctor and explained my situition and was told an Amlodopine and Rampirill are from the same type (group) of drugs and I was taken off them.and put on another drug from a different group and within 2 days I noticed a massive change in myself after a week being off the Rampirill I had more energy clean dthe house from top to bottom where as before I was lucky if I managed one room. Worth looking into my pharmacy is very good and she insisted I made my gp listen to my concerns as there are many different tablets for blood pressure ... Amlodopine and Rampirill are the most commonly used. Hope this helps and hope you get somewhere after talking to you gp.
    • Posted

Hi Donna . So glad you feeling better . It's such a relief to know it wasn't just me suffering with these meds . Feels like I'm losing the plot . Ans so short tempered with family . But what's so worrying is not feeling in control of my life type feelings and bad memory . Like early onset of dementia   You never said if you ad memory issues . Or if so if they improved . So like you took Amlodopine for nearly 4 yrs and now 6 moths on Rampiril . B/p unstable . So need for my Dr to come back off holiday to try and get them changed . But it's hard when they don't believe you . Only thing I have going for me is that my B/p not stable . He can't argue with that , thanks for your reply it's good to hear that other sufferers out there like our selves ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.