Hi guy's, Just got back today from my consultant and sh...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guy's,

Just got back today from my consultant and she has advised that I go on Zoladex and an HRT replacement for 6 months.... I am 32 years of age and have been suffering with Endometriosis for the last 10 years. I have had now, 2 Laparoscopies and 2 Laparotomies (last one being in Dec 2006) and during the last procedure the surgeon 'unstuck' my bowel from my uterus... nice!

I am slightly concerned at the amount of 'negative' feedbacks there are on this site! I have in the past had the nasal spray to stop my periods and the coil, u name it i've had it. This appointment today was going to be my last and I have asked for a Hystrectomy but because of the last laparotomy and the state of my bowel (they are worried I will end up with a damaged bowel) they have decided to stick me on this.

Can anyone please give me some feedback?!?! I am SOOO worried about all this..

Love to you all

Christy

[i:0991bedddf]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0991bedddf]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christy, I have been on Zoladex now for 2 months to shrink fibroids. I have 1 or 2 more doses to go before surgery. Just to tell you that I have found the treatment okay. I have had a couple of headaches, some hot flushes that were like having a warm breeze over me. I have had some trouble sleeping but catch up when I can. The worse thing for me has been that my eyes feel like I have sand in them. Otherwise I think I am actually starting to feel a bit better in myself. The fibroids are very large and were squashing my bladder so I had a lot of discomfort, but that has almost gone now.

I hope the side effects for you are not too bad and that like me, the benefits out weigh the negatives.

The injection doesn't hurt, just a little scratch

Christine:cheers::cheers::ok:

[i:b060f0c1aa]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b060f0c1aa]

• Posted

Hi Christy, I have been on Zoladex for 3 1/2 months as my surgeon is trying to shrink my fibroid to a more manageable size. It is 13cm x 9cm x 9cm and merged with my uterus. I went for my second MRI scan yesterday and was really disappointed that it hadn't shrunk at all. I don't see my surgeon now until 27th Feb as he is on holiday for a week and it feels like forever away. I just want an explanation as to why it hasn't shrunk and it was supposed to. My periods did stop completely after 2 months and I did have some side effects like the hot flushes and night sweats but really not too many. I'm 28 years old and was hoping to start a family this year but that's all on hold until we see how things end up with my bits. Although I am worried about no shrinkage, I am posting on another forum where a couple of women have been on the american version (lupron) and their's didn't shrink much either. Their docs said the drug is used to shut down the system rather than specifically shrink the fibroid(s). Hope this helps, take care, Jacky C

[i:7093c11fb5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:7093c11fb5]

• Posted

Please read my post

[i:6e90388296]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:6e90388296]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.