hi guys

Posted , 6 users are following.

my daughter has been complaining about having migraines since yesterday and has also been sick and still feels sick does anyone know what the problem could be she has also been very tired and is sensitive to light

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Terri,

I wouldnt mess about here with these symptoms, yes they could possibly be a migraine, but equally somthing more serious, get to emergency asap is my advice!

I dont want to worry you, but better safe than sorry

• Posted

Ya just never know. I am not a doc just going my my years of experience from migraines. Two week during my period cycle got migraines.mafter menopause they stopped. I had RX for serious migraines which really helped.,
  • Posted

Migraines can come for many reasons, stress,meal th issues. Even eye strain. 

A doctor visits may be needed if this lingers. So sorry they are horrible

no bright light or loud noises and cold pack on head. Keep the room dark. Wear sunglasses to protect against light. Eat soft foods and drink plenty of water and electrolyte juices and protien shakes. This will help take it down a notch or two. Especially if the migraine is caused by dehydration.

there are over the counter migraine meds. Available. Also some may require a RX. Imetrex.

hope this passes soon. 

• Posted

Not sure what sinister means? Could you add more info? Is your daughter having migraines over long periods of time and what is her age if I Amy ask.,if she has a pediatrician a appt may answer many questions regarding migraines are very painful. 

• Posted

I am talking about the daughter of Teri.  Sinister in this case means it could potentially be harmful
    • Posted

I see. Got ya. Serious medical condition.would be a definition .

yes we discussed that.😊

Thank you.

• Posted

I guess you are reading all these replies and worrying, but please dont hang about as the symptoms aslo match a condition that is not very nice at all.  Thats all I am saying.  Good luck Terri and please let us know how you get on
    • Posted

What condition that is not very nice at all. I don't understand what your talking about? 😱

• Posted

Terri,

light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, nausea, these are ckassic migraine symptoms.

Your daughter is truly ill. I am curious, if you knew it was migraine, why isn't she on medication? I hope you are not treating her like she just has a headache.

Migraine is a debilitating disease that requires medical intervention.

A pediatric emergency room visit is warranted. Take along a bucket because the movement can bring on wretching.

• Posted

This sounds like a classic migraine to me. Has she had migraines before, if not, best get her checked out at the doctors.
  • Posted

Hi, Terri. 

You don't say how old your daughter is. Is she menstruating? Hormonal fluctuations can also be a cause of migraines. Definitely check out her diet to see what foods may be a trigger for her. Is she under a lot of stress? Exercise and relaxation techniques will serve her well. Excedrin Migraine works well as an abortive med. There are a lot of good informative posts here and a lot of non-pharmaceutical options. Migraine is debilitating but if she starts having these often, I'd recommend a visit to a neurologist to rule out anything serious. Don't panic but don't minimize her symptoms either. It takes a few days to recuperate after having one. Best to all of you and keep us posted. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.