hi guys anyone else feel anxiety levels i suffer with depression

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi also suffer with depression and im worry constantly i have lost my parents and i worry something is going to happen to me .i have had a mole on my back for years now it aches around that area i dont wether its my imagination i get scared its gone nasty .itsjust one thing after another im in perimonopause and i bleed heavy i think i have problems ima constant worrier all the time .can any relate to all this is it all my imagination or my hormones playing havock .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Kim.. ow yes what you describe is just how I am, scary it is, every little thing you thing some thing is going to happen to you, I’m 4 yrs into this crap, and prob the last year or so is when I started to have these thoughts, I seem to be checking my body for bumps and lumps, so don’t ever feel your in your own, think it’s just our hormones all over the place at the moment, I live on my own, so you tend to think what if some thing happens to you, make sure you’ve carry your phone every where incase you fall down staires lol how stupid are these feelings it’s mad... I suffer with depression and have done for over 20 yrs now, but I’m take meds for that, which helps a lot..

This bloody menopause has some questions to answer for 😩

Can it not give us woman a rest from all this crap... as hard as it is try and take your mind of things if you can, easy said then done, as it just pops up in your mind,, good luk and keep talking on here we are all going through the same things as each other big hug 🤗x  

• Posted

Hi Kim, I can totally relate to what you and Dawn are saying. I’m 2 years post meno and felt the anxiety creeping in around the time periods stopped. A year ago it was unbearable, waking up every day worrying about health concerns, self checking, testing BP! Panic attacks and palpitations, ibs and lots of testing which only increased my anxiety! For the past year ive been on betablockers (for anxiety/palps) and sertraline for anxiety. I went from being a wreck that struggled to go to the supermarket to being able to go to Oz and the Caribbean and be involved in social situations again. The only thing with sertraline is it makes you feel a lot more anxious before it works, which can take several months of upping the dose. Something to consider though if you feel the anxiety is ruling your life. Also CBT has helped me to learn to live in the moment and not worry about what might be! And keeping busy/focussed, whether its baking, cleaning, watching a film...do things that take you out of your head. Hope this helps xx
  • Posted

I have a mole on my back and I am constantly being nagged by my doctor to get it removed - for biopsy. I said once 'and when you find ther is nothing wrong are you going to put it back?!' Mine has never given me a days trouble so I am quite happy to leave it alone. BUT, if it is giving you problems ( and you are sure it is the mole) then get to your doctor and get referred to get it removed. If your area is anything like ours then the dermatology crowd are just kicking heir heels with little to do - unlike Orthopaedic, which now have a THREE YEAR waiting list!

Sooner you do that the sooner you will have one less thing to worry about.

• Posted

Hi Kim, I am 44 and believe I've been in perimenopause for the past 4 yes. When I turned 40 my GP took me off the combined pill and put me on the mini pill. 6 months later I started with really bad anxiety mainly about my health. 3 month ago I changed my GP and mentioned this to them as well as the fatigue and brain fog I was experiencing, I was told I was in perimenopause and the put me back on the combined pill. My symptoms haven't completely gone but I am starting to feel much better. My anxiety is no where near as bad as it was.

Hope it helps to know you are not alone.

• Posted

You get anxiety at this stage.  Anxiety involves worry about dying and or getting sick.  Its very common.  Get the mole checked out.  A GP can look at it.  Its probably nothing but put your mind at rest.  And get the bleeding checked out too. 
    • Posted

A GP can LOOK at a mole, but can't tell you if it needs to come off - they don't know.

• Posted

Ultimately a dermatologist should look at it and remove if required.But I notice GP sand Gyno's look for moles.  If it looks bad they send you on.  

• Posted

Dear Kim

I suffered terrible health anxiety in peri too, it really plays tricks with your mind I had gastitis in peri which befire diagnosis I thought was something else as I lost weight and the loss of weight made my bones in areas more noticeable and then I convinced myself they were lumps and so it went on. I am over two years post menopause and the health anxiety has subsided somewhat but I do get the minor hitches still. If your worried about anything I would say get it checked for peace of mind x

• Posted

about five months ago or so I started having terrible anxiety for which I had to take Ativan. i found out my vitamin D levels were really low so I started fixing that. Levels should be higher than our medical system says, I found out. Then I plunged into severe depression. I too am a worrier. I am convinced the hormonal shifts are making things worse for me. I am now doing yoga every day and I need to get into meditation to let the worry thoughts go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.