Hi guys. Could I get some advice on my test results please?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya,

I recently had a blood test done but wasn't really given any advice on what to do or what they meant. A few seem "abnormal" but I'll ask on here then go and see the doctor if needed. I dont have any symptoms really, I feel run down and tired occasionally but doesn't everyone?!

Thanks a lot.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add, pics of results attached!
  • Posted

Adult normal ranges:

Parameter Male   Female

Haemoglobin  g/L  135   -  180  115   -  160 

WBC             x109/L  4.00  -  11.00  4.00  -  11.00

Platelets        x109/L  150  -   400   150   -   400

MCV              fL   78    -   100  78     -   100

PCV  0.40 -   0.52  0.37  -   0.47

RBC               x1012/L  4.5   -   6.5   3.8    -   5.8

MCH              pg  27.0 -   32.0  27.0  -   32.0

MCHC            g/L  310  -   370  310   -   370

RDW  11.5 -   15.0   11.5  -   15.0

Neutrophils  2.0   -   7.5  2.0    -   7.5

Lymphocytes  1.0   -   4.5  1.0    -   4.5

Monocytes  0.2   -   0.8   0.2    -   0.8

Eosinophils  0.04 -  0.40  0.04  -   0.40

Basophils  < 0.1="">< 0.1

0.1="">

>

• Posted

Do you drink?

Some of your results lead me to believe that you do....

• Posted

Because it seems that the Neutriphils...the WBC and the Platelet counts are similar to mine when I was drinking heavily. When I stopped after a couple weeks everything was normal.

The bilburin (whatever spelling) is liver related....some of the tests are kidney related...the liver and kidney work together...alcohol affects all the counts that are affected on your blood tests.

• Posted

Sorry, one more thing...the high iron is dangerous to organs in your body...please have a Dr. discuss these tests with you....and be completely honest about any substance abuse...because these can be "false" long term results...if you were to stop substances.  If you aren't using any substances....than I'd be even more concerened....Don't panic..just talk to a Dr.
    • Posted

Hiya, thanks so much for the reply. Much appreciated!

Nope I dont really drink much at all, certainly not any abuse of it anyway, occasionally a couple of beers or Jack Daniels on a Friday night and thats it for me. So I guess it's time to worry haha. Thanks again. I will go to a doc!

• Posted

I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you. sad

Most likely nothing serious...but worth discussing...could be anything...current medications you are on.....wherever you have your blood taking would know your history and would have flagged you possibly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.