Hi guys. I've just been prescribed mirtazapine 30mg.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Two years ago I lost my son tragically, my father, my former partner (father of my younger son) and other-extreme  tragic events. Since then I have suffered severe insomnia. I was only finally diagnosed yesterday with post traumatic aniexty and depression. My country of residence is not happy to dish out pills and so I have not had any help since these debilitating life incidents. But my new doctor blieves I need these without doubt. Can anyone tell me the true side effects? Are there any skin problems? And how hungry do they make you? I would love just to feel even half a functioning human again. I don't drink or have any other follies, I've tried to keep as strong as I can but these tablets I am told I need and should of had years ago to help me through Some nightmare years. Would love to know others e periences. Thankyou, hug to you all xx

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, Wendy , I'm so sorry to hear your suffering, I have been taking mitrazapine 45mg now for several years, I started on low dose and gradually through monitoring from my gp went on to 45mg which I found really helpful and they did help me with sleeping as well, I don't recall any side effects but I'm on a lot of medication for other health issues, but as far as helping me through my depression they are good when on the correct dosage, each individual is different, I do hope that they help you, you seem to have been through a lot with little help from what I have read, they do take time to get into your system before you will feel any benefit but keep in contact with your gp now that you have been given a diagnosis hopefully you will maybe get further help , has you gp suggested someone to talk to as well as the antidepressants, I'm surprised that you were not given help before since this has been going on for years , I'm sorry that I can't help you with any of your concerns about the medication except it has helped me and I still take it ever evening,

I do hope that it helps you, feel free to message me if you want someone to talk to, i have not been through anything like you have but sometimes it helps to talk, 

all the best .

take care 

Loraine x

• Posted

If I could just say here Loraine it's encouraging for me to hear you've been on 45 for years and it hasn't done you any harm or you haven't felt like you had to stop...I might just have to do that, as my attempt at withdrawal was so tough I don't know if I can go back there...

• Posted

Hi Chris, I'm unfortunate that I do rely on a lot of medication and even though they are addictive they do give me some quality of life , I don't worry too much about it as I would be here without some of them, yes I have put on weight but I can't say it's definitely a particular drug as I take so many, lol but as my gp said when I did mention my weight that I had to weigh up the benefits and how I would be without them , what can I say , I'm trying healthy eating and oralist but yes it's another drug, caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, 

if they work for you then why put your self through the suffering, 

take care 

loraine 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.